Issue with Facebook directory / Facebook for HTC SenseSupport

Last Updated:

1. Kaotik

Kaotik New Member This Topic's Starter

Short version:
    My HTC Desire's Facebook directory lists 205 friends for my Facebook, while in reality I have 207 (and Facebook for Android app of course shows them all, too)

I'm not quite sure why or how 2 of them have gone missing, but I think one went when I messed a bit up, merged 2 contacts on my phone and started removing information from that contact, so it in the end had only 1 number and 1 facebook friend linked to it. Ever since I haven't been able to see the friend whose contact/link I removed in Facebook directory.

I've tried uninstalling Facebook for Android to access Facebook for HTC Sense, but apparently it can't be completely uninstalled - only the update(s) for it, and the cache/data can be uninstalled for what I can tell.

So I've uninstalled it's updates, I've cleared it data/cache - and I've cleared all the cache/data from Facebook for HTC Sense too.
    I've removed my phone-linked Facebook account, too, with no luck.

No matter how many times I try re-syncing or refreshing, the 2 contacts are still missing.
    One new contact that I added as my friend today appeared normally, though.

Any ideas how to fix this? It's annoying when I can't link 1 contact to her Facebook, when I have pretty much everyone else linked to theirs.

Advertisement
  2. jred7469

jred7469 Well-Known Member

There is an option in the phone menu for only showing FB contacts who have phone numbers, I know its probably a long shot and you might of already thought of this but if you hadn't then maybe thats it?

3. Kaotik

Kaotik New Member This Topic's Starter

Nope, enabling / disabling it makes no difference whatsoever

4. ampy

ampy New Member

I have the same issue, 2 contacts missing on facebook for htc sense on a htc desire! Any solutions found yet?

5. SarahCorf

SarahCorf New Member

I have this same problem. I have even done a factory reset and its still displaying an error message. Does anyone know how to fix this?? I'm getting very P'd off!!

6. BoilerMel

BoilerMel New Member

I'm having the same issue. Super annoying, and can't find any fix. Hoping someone can help

7. mjpartyboy

mjpartyboy Well-Known Member

I'm sure HTC are aware of some problems with Facebook for HTC Sense on the Desire, like the Phone list problem, but I've never read about a fix. Perhaps they have fixed it and have decided to implement it as part of the FroYo update.

8. Jeremia

Jeremia New Member

Same problem here too - I'm also missing two contacts from the Facebook directory listing. So I'm unable to link them. Annoying as hell too - because the two missing contacts just happen to be close friends, and not some random acquaintances.

Facebook for Android app shows the two missing contacts though.

Any solutions yet?

9. gibby626

gibby626 New Member

I also have this issue, except just 1 friend is missing. And it happens to be my best friend, of course. WTF.

10. pamw

pamw New Member

How do you delete facebook friends from contacts without deleting them from facebook?

11. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

Have you gone into your facebook directory (The one in your contacts list) and refreshed your facebook contacts?

12. duhprest

duhprest Active Member

Try this: Go to friends stream, press menu, go to friends, facebook, press menu and then refresh :)

Anyone know how to update your own fb pic? I've tried refreshing my profile but it doesn't seem to update.

13. mjpartyboy

mjpartyboy Well-Known Member

I recently removed Facebook for HTC Sense and added it again today, only this time I was quick enough to stop it syncing the contacts so my Phone list isn't full of clutter. The problem with this is I cannot link Google Contacts to Facebook, because no names appear in the list, and when I upload images with HTC Sense it only displays my Mobile Album and not all of them. I would like this useful functionality back, but I'm enjoying having a clutter free Phone list.

14. dj_conway

dj_conway New Member

Same problem here, tried the advise of refreshing the list through friend stream but didnt work. i only have one friend missing from my list, and again, it is a close friend, so its uber annoying

15. supaburger

supaburger New Member

same issue here i'm missing 2 contacts
    but i haven't noticed till another friend with a htc desire too
    mention he had 1 missing contact in friend stream

weird

16. XIKO29

XIKO29 New Member

Hi.
    My problem is that my contact photos doesn't update (neither mine) and when i add a new contact number to my phone list, the photo doesn't appear even if i save the email that the person in question uses on facebook. :(

17. Eyes4music

Eyes4music New Member

I found though lots of Googling and Troubleshooting that the issue is not with you. It is a setting that your friend has set in their FB Privacy settings. They have Blocked 3rd party applications from accessing their information. If they change this setting then you will be able to see their page. If they choose not to change this then you will not be able to see link their page to your contact info in your phone.

Hope this helps!

I found my solution here!
    People / Contact list issues, Facebook for HTC Sense issue - xda-developers

"I am pretty sure that it is your friends' Facebook settings that are blocking them from appearing in the HTC Sense contact list. My wife just disappeared a few weeks ago, and she confirmed that she had recently updated her Facebook profile to block 3rd party apps from accessing her contact information. This makes sense, as she was there one day, and disappeared the next. My guess is that this will start to happen more and more as people begin to lock down their Facebook accounts for security reasons."