Issue with Gmail Syncing after RUU upgradeSupport

Last Updated:

1. zacelliott

zacelliott Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having some issues with the Gmail after upgrading my DINC to Froyo using the Leaked RUU. On 2.1, the second I got an email, it showed up in my Gmail inbox (no notification, but that wasn't a big deal, i just manually checked it) anyway, now its not doing that, and I have to manually refresh Gmail, which is annoying. Anyone else having this issue? Anyone know how to get around it? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. bnkohrn

bnkohrn Active Member

my gmail kept froce closing and wouldnt let me sync any mail so all i did was go into settings --> applications --> manage applications --> find gmail under one of the top 4 tabs --> click clear data. solved it for me. maybe someone else will chime in with a better solution, but this worked for me!

dbrits likes this.
  3. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

This usually fixes most gmail related problems.

4. zacelliott

Well I did the clear data and its still not working. Any other ideas? I had did some searching and found people were having issues with multiple gmail accounts not syncing, but it seems they're all having luck with single accounts, whereas i'm not.

5. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

Don't kill tasks

Make sure sync is on for Gmail

Clear "Gmail storage" data, not "Gmail"

EDIT: This is PRE 2.2

6. zacelliott

Where is this "Gmail Storage" data you speak of?

7. dbrits

dbrits Well-Known Member

Thanks! I was experiencing the Gmail lag as well. Using 2.1, when I received an email, my Incredible would be the first to chime, then my notebook's Gmail notifier, followed by my iPod Touch. After I upgraded to the leaked 2.2, I noticed that either my iPod Touch or Gmail Notifier would be the first to chime, and my Incredible was relegated to last place. I even tried sending a few test emails to myself and found myself refreshing my Gmail Inbox. I did as you suggested and and after a few test emails, it seemed to fix the problem. Hopefully it holds up when the important emails start coming in. Thanks again!

8. aminaked

Phone settings > applications > manage applications > menu > filter > all > Gmail storage > clear data

EDIT: This is PRE 2.2

9. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

My problem was syncing contacts, Main Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications I cleared data for "Contacts Storage" & "Gmail Storage" fixed mine.

10. zacelliott

Well it started working for me again, i'm not sure if the Clear Data worked and it just took a while for it to take effect or if it was something server-side with Google. Anyway its working. Thanks!

11. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

That's what I did also but I had another glitch using the Google search widget. It would FC whenever using the voice command option. Tried the gmail patch by rmk also but still no dice. Was using deodexed leak. Went back to Frankenrom and all was well.

12. daveydog

daveydog Well-Known Member

I'm having trouble all of a sudden too... one gmail account, not syncing... it's trying to (spin arrow thingy), but it hasn't for 4 days now. Tried clearing the data, we'll see if that does it... I'm not sure if maybe I inadvertently deleted something important or changed a setting? What could I have done that would mess with the gmail sync? (I did delete a couple of what I though were useless apps on the phone, can't remember what they were....)

13. daveydog

the only thing I KNOW I did, was send a bunch of pictures via gmail from my Incredible to my gmail account.... emailing to myself so I could get my pix on my laptop... I did a bunch of them and since that moment, this sucker can't sync...

14. aminaked

Besides clearing gmail (and/or gmail storage) cache/data, take a look in your gmail app's outbox. If there's one or more emails stuck in there, delete 'em.

daveydog likes this.
  15. daveydog

tried that too.. unfortunately no luck. Think I should delete the gmail account off the phone and start over? It would just re-sync with google right?

16. daveydog

I think I fixed it... i cleared the gmail data but not the gmail STORAGE data... it looks like its working now... fingers crossed... thanks for your help, I wouldn't have realized the diff between the gmail and gmail storage... thanks again..

17. aminaked

Yes, definitely. The only thing you would lose are any emails that didn't get a chance to sync with gmail's servers...anything in your "Outbox" and possibly some in "Drafts"