1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Issue with Google Music appSupport

1. rdsiam

rdsiam Member

Curious if anyone else has had an issue like mine and if you were able to resolve it.

Some of the music I have uploaded displays differently on my phone than it does on my PCs and tablet (Asus Transformer Pad TF300T, Android 4.0.3). As an example, my PCs and tablet show 16 albums and 102 tracks for AC/DC, which is correct. However, my phone shows 21 albums and 115 tracks. Some of the albums are listed twice, once with only a few tracks and once with all of the tracks. On my phone I have cleared the cache and resynched, uninstalled and reinstalled updates, and powered off and back on. I have done all of these multiple times in different order. I have also deleted all the music from my account and reuploaded it. Today, I did all of that again and deleted the com.google.android.music folder. Still having the same issue.

I emailed support about this and the reply I got was that it was a metadata issue. I replied that it couldn't be since it's my phone that is displaying incorrectly while my PC and tablet are fine. I haven't heard anything else form them.

Advertisement
  2. n8nagel

n8nagel Member

I'd try retagging the problem albums with something like EasyTag; I've found that different media players read tags/order music differently. I have a Linux partition, a Windows partition, an Android phone, a JVC head unit that I have a USB stick in, and a Ford Fusion (company car) that I also have a USB stick in. Fortunately I've been able to come up with a scheme where my files are compatible across all platforms, except for the @$#% Ford which is "special." It requires that the track numbers have three digits to play albums in order which is really fruistrating, as that causes things not to work correctly on at least Windows (haven't tried those files on any of the other platforms.)

good luck...