Issue with location on clock/weather widgetsSupport

1. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

Generally my location is detected normally but on occasion i get a number instead of the town i am in on the home screen clock widget. Same goes with the weather widget. I know its not a problem with the town information because sometimes it works and generally does so after being at the location for awhile. However today, for example, my location at work simply displays as "5". It has not updated itself after about 8 hours and counting. Friday it was fine. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Advertisement
  2. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Well-Known Member

Did you do a forced update or refresh? That usually fixes things right up. I also find that if you have gps on it updates quicker as well...
  3. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

Refresh doesn't alleviate the problem. Not sure I can get a good GPS fix indoors. I turned it on for a short bit and it didn't make a difference.
  4. NCX Designs

NCX Designs Well-Known Member

your right, mine did that the other day, it went from my current town to a town 6 miles away, i did two refreshes and it still didn't show up, then i went to the weather app and force loaded it twice, nothing changed, then i went back to the home screen, then it finally changed to my current location

starting to see the "bugs" the incredible has so far

reception being one, and the other is GPS it seems, its a little quirky, one time it will be your going north (without moving it) it will say south east
    me thinks the accelerometer is a little touchy

i'm not as upset about the weather as i am with the reception though :(