• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issue with Message Alerts

jason_uk

Lurker
May 26, 2013
Hi guys,

Just wondering has anyone come across this problem?

Basically my phone is showing no indication that I have received a message, until I click into the message inbox. I noticed this happening over the past week, with Whatsapp originally, when I clicked into the app after 2/3 days off not seeing any messages, i could see all the messages from the past few days, but the phone showed no notification, until I had actually entered whatsapp application.

Again tonight, I have a call from my gf asking did I get her text, there was no sign of the phone having received a text, but when I clicked into the message inbox, there was the message.

I am not running any kind off app to kill/track other apps for memory purposes.

Any one any thoughts? Has this issue been seen before?

Yeah, they are turned on, it seems to be intermittent, sometimes I can see a message alert, other times I have no idea a message has arrived until I click in to the actual message inbox/whatsapp application. I received other texts earlier today that showed up as usual. then tonight no sign of text from gf until she tell me on the phone, and i click in message inbox, and there it is. Its a bit strange!

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones