• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Issue with syncing contact photos

I searched but couldn't find what I needed..

I made the mistake of syncing my Eris with Facebook. I would rather use the photos I have for contacts in Gmail but now that I've synced with Facebook I can't get the photos to go away, short of going to each contact and choosing to sync the birthdays but not photos. Even then, would i really have to add each of their photos to the SD card and change each one individually in their contact file?

More simply put: How can I unsync Facebook photos with contacts?

I tried logging out of Facebook and uninstalling the app but, disturbingly, it continues to show contact photos from FB and, more disturbingly, gives me updates on them. I'm definitely logged out and I definitely uninstalled the app. :mad:

Halp?

did you try going to your contact list...click your contact card..scroll down to Facebook and log out from there?

i did that before and all the time i spent choosing my contacts one by one to use their facebook photos was wiped out in one swoop...sigh..and i found it can link them all for me!! if the names match anyway...sadly..some of those contacts went missing now that i'm trying to resync the photos...blah..

good luck!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones