Issue with taking Widescreen PicturesSupport

Last Updated:

1. blassster

blassster New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

Just got the Milestone a few days ago. Couldn't find similar problems when searching. Having issues with taking Widescreen images. Take a look at the very right side, there is a small strip that's out of place. Actually, this strip is part of the image that should be on the LEFT side of the image instead. Doesn't happen when taking 4:3 5MP picture. Compressed the images, but you can see it below when zoomed. Anyone know what the deal is? Just a small but slightly annoying issue.

[​IMG]

err... edited out second pic because I forgot to get rid his the face's reflection on a car. LOL.

Advertisement
  2. elektrobix

elektrobix Well-Known Member

I don't know what causes it but the same thing is happening on mine too. I also notice since the update the picture quality on mine seems to have dropped :/

3. SEI

SEI Active Member

yeah i have that too!!! its really annoying.. also my pictures are crap!! heres the last photo i took at a car meet.

[​IMG]

4. bubestube

bubestube New Member

same here, really annoying.
    I have seen this error on several other Milestones so I guess it is a software bug.
    Well..., for now I will stick to everything else but Widescreen mode. Which is a shame though since it takes advantage of the Milestones full screen (no black bars like in the other modes).

Maybe more people should check this out and report here for the Motorola/Android guys to notice...

cheers

bube

5. epuiatti

epuiatti Well-Known Member

I just realised i have the same problem, but never noticed it until this post Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! Its going to bug the hell out of me now, i have to go back and look at my old photos that i never noticed it on..... I have a bigger problem though which is when i take a photo in the dark just using the flash with a close up photo half, sometimes 3/4 of the screen is black, i have a feeling its and app because i sent it back to motorola and the re-flashed the phone, it was working fine until i restored all my apps using "my backup pro" and now i have the same problem as before... I need to find out which app is causing the problem....

6. mixpix

mixpix Well-Known Member

Same here. Only since 2.1

7. kwankenny

kwankenny Member

hope they'll fix it on 2.2 ;)

8. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

I have the same issue with the default camera app but I rarely use it because FXCamera is so much fun.