issue with tasker and verizon S3 (4.1.1). help (pics)

1. phonephreak32

phonephreak32 Well-Known Member

First I will tell you what is working.

I am able to set time based events. (i.e. between 11pm and 5am turn off sound)
    I am also able to place icons on the home screen for certain tasks (i.e. turn Wi-Fi off)

Now my problem is I followed a guide to email a photo when 2 incorrect patterns are entered. This will only work if I run it from within Taskers app. The other is one that will keep the display from shutting off when the keyboard is opened. The screen will still time out.

Am I missing something? Do I need to have some other options enabled for these tasks to run?

(im not rooted)

Advertisement
  2. silentwitness

silentwitness Well-Known Member

for the incorrect pattern u need to have secure settings installed for it to work.
  3. phonephreak32

secure settings is installed
  4. phonephreak32

i have admin and accessibility enabled for tasker and secure settings.
  5. silentwitness

6. phonephreak32

thats the thread i followed. i installed all the stuff (python, secure settings). it does work when i run it from within the tasker app but nowhere else.

they keyboard task is still not working as well. it will only work if i run it from within the tasker app also. i set it from time out screen in 10min. when i run it within the app it will change the setting but if im outside the app and pull up the keyboard(swype) it will not remain on.
  7. silentwitness

so it does not even take a picture and save it? Can you give us screenshots of ure config so we can see if there are any mistakes.
  8. phonephreak32

it will take a screenshot and send it ...but only if i run the profile from within the Tasker app. i will take a screen shot and post it along with the keyboard one.
  9. phonephreak32

here is my info for the intruder and keyguard tasks

Attached Files:

10. phonephreak32

any ideas?
  11. tatootie67

tatootie67 Well-Known Member

Try testing the secure settings context. Eliminate the complicated task and just set a pop up alert . I'm suggesting this because you say it runs within tasker, so it sounds to me like your context might not be firing
  12. phonephreak32

can you give me an example to run. thanks.
  13. tatootie67

Use the same one your trying to get running. The "secure setting missed pin X 2 " context. Test that out live but change the task to just simply set a pop up alert
  14. phonephreak32

nope doesnt work.
  15. phonephreak32

so it is an issues with secure settings. what should i do?
  16. phonephreak32

i also made a simple one using the keyboard out as a context and that didnt work either. is keyboard out only for physical keyboards?
  17. tatootie67

I'm not sure. I'm sure you could google some information on setting up secure settings.
  18. silentwitness

Attached Files:

19. phonephreak32

the LockWhenOpen is the guide I used. My profile for the camera i took from the guide on this forum. i even used the profile he had and imported it (added my email and stuff) and it still didnt work. im stumped
  20. silentwitness

thats very strange i used the guide i linked and it works great. there is a slight difference between that and the guide posted by SURoot. Not sure what the exact difference is maybe he could have a look and help.
    phonephreak32 likes this.
  21. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Its nothing to do with Python etc. If the task runs manually, we can forget all that. Its literally the trigger we need to look at.

I can only really suggest that you check in Secure Settings > Options > Conditions > "Failed login Attempts" is enabled.

It may be that it wont work on your phone. If its enabled, maybe email the SS dev
  22. phonephreak32

i have tried to uninstall SL4a r4 and installed SL4a r6. this did not help. i am not sure what is going on still. how do i get a hold of the SS dev? i loaded the profile that you uploaded in the other thread and it wont work as well. this task and the screen on when keyboard open run fine manually.

EDIT: with SL4a r6 i would get emailed failed when sending. i had to go back to r4.
  23. phonephreak32

is it true that the keyboard out is only for hardware keyboards and not software keyboards?

Edit just used the motion setting keep on while looking at screen.
  24. phonephreak32

Ok I tried using the context of opening a game to run the intruder task and it worked. So its a secure settings issue. I tried to uninstall and reinstall with the same results. Im running the latest beta of tasker with sl4a r5 and all permissions given. Maybe I need to root my phone for it to work.for now I give up. Thanks for all the suggestions.
  25. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Email the secure settings dev