issue with weatherbug, slowed my phone down

Last Updated:

1. Scottyent

Scottyent Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all, I just wanted to let you know about an issue I had with weatherbug that seemed pretty significant.

I was browsinv the forums and ironically read about weatherbug causing some issues with the phone, but some people said they had some, most people said they didn't. So afterwards a little while later, my phone started locking up and freezing. I did a battery pull for the first time since I got it and it restarted fine. However within a few minutes it was glitchy and lagging and freezing again...so I shut all processes down but it still lagged. I then looked at the top left where the weather usually is, and saw a frozen loading bar. I thought hmm...maybe its weatherbug since I just read about its issues. I went to the market and uninstalled it.

Wow. What a difference. The whole phone is much faster, no lag, the virtual keyboard keeps up with me much better. I'm shocked! This whole week I just thought the phone was slightly underpowered, definitely not terribly slow at all, but not lightning quick. Now its so much faster and I'm much happier. Just wanted to let you know in case other droid users have the same issue!

Advertisement
  2. Trel

Trel Well-Known Member

I think that's a weatherbug feature. It does that to every PC too :p

3. SimonSays

SimonSays Active Member

Agreed. I downloaded the desktop client onto a PC 5 or 6 years ago and it slowed everything to a crawl. I've steered clear of it ever since.

4. wsbsteven

wsbsteven Well-Known Member

It sounds like some things never change.

5. baddriver

baddriver Well-Known Member

haha, exactly. i mean it even has BUG right in the name! :D