issue wrong letter selected samsung keyboardSupport

1. winstonman78

winstonman78 Member

OK this is driving me crazy. The problem i have is when txting on my gs3 using the samsung qwerty keyboard. I try to press period key on my touchscreen it 99% of time selects letter M. When turned sideways in landscape mode it won't do it. I have sat the phone on the table and very carefully tried pressing where the period key is. I'm very clearly not touching anywhere near the M but it selects M. This also happens 50% of the time when pressing backspace and it selects L. I don't seem to have any other issues with the touchscreen as far as touching somewhere and it thinks im touching somewhere else. All the other letters work fine. I have had other people try it with smaller fingers. Anyone else having this issue and know of anything to do besides resetting the entire phone??? I can't seem to find anything online.. THANKS!!

ALSO if I press ABC to switch it from letters to punctuation. I can press period just fine.. It doesn't try to press ? But as soon as i switch back its pressing M again.

Advertisement
    :
  2. James_Bond

James_Bond Well-Known Member

I HATE this issue because it can be a tricky one.

My first impression is that it is a touch screen issue, especially if you hold it horizontally and the key pad starts to work fine.

Start out by doing this
    funkylogik, barryl85 and winstonman78 like this.
  3. winstonman78

winstonman78 Member

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. I tried the TSP dot mode and grid mode and it works just fine. I guess I will have to do a reset. Something has just gone funky with the qwerty keyboard. Especially considering that when I switch it to punctuation I can hit the period key just fine.

thanks again!!
  4. James_Bond

No problem Winstonman78

If the touch screen is responding fine then I think the reset should be promising. Let us know how it turns out.

~James~
    winstonman78 likes this.
  5. winstonman78

winstonman78 Member

The reset did fix the problem. I guess something funky just happened with the samsung qwerty. Only problem with the reset is that even though I clicked synch to be sure my contacts and calendar were synched with my google account, they weren't. I should have checked online thru gmail to be sure. I don't understand the problem with synching. Especially the calendar. Seems like if I enter things on the calendar on my pc it synchs fine with my phone, however if I enter it on my phone it doesn't want to synch with the google account. I've heard others having this problem, but not the problem with contacts.
  6. James_Bond

I have seen Gmail accounts not sync contacts or calendars back to the phone before. If you went to Accounts and sync, clicked the Gmail account and it showed the days date then it
    winstonman78 likes this.
  7. winstonman78

winstonman78 Member

Thanks!! I do love it. I've head it since August and has been wonderful. I Started with the Samsung Epic 4g and the Gs3 is just above and beyond anything else in my opinion. I do have an sd card and If I had been smart I would have exported the contacts. I did actually check the date of last synch. Oh well Live and learn.

Thanks again for your help.