• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issues activating the handset/error codes

Anyone getting this error when turning on Sprint Hotspot. I am signed up for $29 per mo plan and Sprint tech support was clueless :rolleyes: They wanted to hard reset my LTEvo and until Google wallet thing is square away, fat chance :p Curious if anyone else getting error code 67 and data call failure problems. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
this is a provisioning error...your phone is not connecting to the tower properly.
There was a memo last night that LTE phones might experience this and that it would be fixed ASAP

are you in an area that will be receiving LTE on the 15th?

It should go away as they fix the towers in your area. I would tell you to update prl, then data profile but repeatedly doing that makes it worse.

When a phone comes in doing this I typically turn it off for an hour and then try again.

Upvote 0
this is a provisioning error...your phone is not connecting to the tower properly.
There was a memo last night that LTE phones might experience this and that it would be fixed ASAP

are you in an area that will be receiving LTE on the 15th?

It should go away as they fix the towers in your area. I would tell you to update prl, then data profile but repeatedly doing that makes it worse.

When a phone comes in doing this I typically turn it off for an hour and then try again.

Thanks for the info :) I do not live in the July 15th areas. I am fortunately next to a tower that is upgraded to vision network as I get constant 2mb+ speeds. Portland Or. is part of the second phase of LTE upgrade. :smokingsomb:

Reactions: Mr. Ed
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones