Issues after 902 (Car mode, Voice, Bluetooth)Support

1. SoulMaster

SoulMaster New Member

Hey all,

Longtime lurker, first time poster. Before I get into my issues, I want to thank all of you for helping me make my droids (Had the orignial on day 1) perform the way I want them to. Sincerely, thanks.

So last Saturday I got the 902 update request on my rooted Bionic. I already had Voodoo installed so I made sure my root was backed up and let the update apply (following the advice on these boards). Everything went smoothly, root was lost and Voodoo put it back.

Since the update, whenever I try to use "Favorites" or "Recent" while my phone is in the car dock and in "car mode" (the automatic one when you pop it in the dock), the car dock process crashes and loops a crash until I pull the phone out of the dock.

After this happens, my Google Voice dialer stops prompting me to use GV or the Dialer (I have it set to ask every call) until I reboot the phone.

My thought is that there is something going on between 902, carmode and Voice, but I can't pin-point it.

To test, I told GV to "Never use GV to make calls" but I got the same crash. I also reversed that to "Always use GV to make calls", same crash. It's maddening and I can't figure out what's going on.

In addition to this, I've noticed that Bluetooth launch is no longer working. When I press the headset button it just redials the last call rather than launch Voice Search or Jeannie (I've set it to both since the uodate trying to make it work). I've also tried uninstalling/reinstalling Bluetooth Launch, no joy.

Finally, since the 902 update, the Market comes up everyday with "X updates" to install, but when I go in the actual # of updates is X-Y. (Tuesday, it said 9, there were 8. Yesterday it said 2, there were 0). Also frustrating.

If anyone can help me with any of this, I'd really appreciate some insight. Otherwise, this weekend I'm going to hard-reset and reinstall everything (Titanium).

Thanks in advance, willing to try anything!

-SM

Advertisement
  2. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

On the Market question ...

The market seems to be updated "on the fly". Frequently when I check the market it tells me there is an update ... when I select it ... the selected page gives me the option to Open or Uninstall.

If I go away for a few minutes and then try again it gives me the option to Install.

Conclusion ... they were in the process of making it ready for distribution and posted the notification before the update was available.

... Thom
  3. DanDroide

DanDroide Well-Known Member

Also regarding the Market...I show 4 UPDATES short until I go to the "Verizon" category (under Apps), and the missing updates are there.
  4. amageus

amageus Well-Known Member

Have you tried to do a wipe from the recovery? I am on .902 but I didn't do the update from the OTA as it wasn't allowing me to cause I believe it checked my recovery. I had to FXZ restore and install .902 that way.

I have been using Recent and Favorites from Smart Mode (Launcher that pops up when you put it on the dock) without any issues. I am not sure what Voodoo does but it is possible that when it restored your root that it may have changed something else? Just a thought since I no nothing about Voodoo. As far as updates I ignore it. I prefer that it doesn't tell me there is an update. I use Titanium backup pro to remove the option yet the os puts it back /shrug. I just make a habit everyday to check for updates.
  5. Telstar_2112

Telstar_2112 Well-Known Member

I have same issue with bluetooth voice dialing. Just immediately dials last number instead of prompting me for a command.
  6. Groid

Groid Well-Known Member

Have you experimented with a long press vs. a quick touch on your BT device? I have one that responds to a short press to give me the voice command, but the other I have to give a long press or it redials the last number.
  7. slickbrave

slickbrave Member

Let me recommend an app. Someone recommended Car Dock and I tried it and love it. It's free and lets you fully customize the dock experience. For example, when I dock my bionic, the app automatically turns off wifi, turns on bluetooth, and turns on GPS. It also turns the media volume all the way up. When I undock it, it turns off bluetooth and GPS, returns the medial volume to its previous level, and locks the screen. It also has shortcuts for direct dialing numbers I call frequently. I know those are native to the OS, but this allows you to customize them for those numbers you most often call from your vehicle. Check it out...It may accidently solve your issues.
  8. ErisDroid?

ErisDroid? Well-Known Member

+1, I also use Car Dock and love it.

Question for you, what is Voodoo? I haven't heard of that one.

Another app that I like and is somewhat customizable (I think I made that word up) is IOnRoad.