Issues and Suggestion threadSupport

1. Annhltn101

Annhltn101 Member

HI All

Had This phone for a few weeks now and just had a few question/issues that I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced or knows how to work around.

1. Sometimes the wifi in the phone will infinitely cycle and not connect to my home network, but it has before without incident.

2. Anyone else notice this phone has the sound file pathing issue like other 4.0.3 phones? If you set the ringtone to an MP3 file and then restart the phone, the phone defaults to curve my bell or something from its default ringtone list.

What I find strange about this issue, is a custom notification sound from an mp3 will remain saved.

3. Anyone else on occasion have full bars then suddenly when placing a call it goes to 0, says signal lost, and then when you say ok it goes back to full again?

Phone is really nice for what it is but I was just curious what little things other people are running into and if they had any insight into work arounds for these issues.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Pappy62

Pappy62 Well-Known Member

1. It sounds to me like the Wifi on your phone is searching for other connections. Go to System Settings>Wi-Fi> press menu>Advanced.
    What are your settings there? (I would un-check "Network notification)

2. MP3's are stored on your phones SD card. If the card unmounts, or the phone is rebooted, it goes to the default ringtone on your phones internal memory, because the system searches for them during boot, before the external SD card is read. The workaround for that is to put them in your phones internal memory, but that requires having root and an app like root explorer. If I remember correctly, they should go in /system/media/audio/ringtones.

3. Don't know what that is about... I've never seen that happen before.

I wish I could be more help to you than this.
  3. Annhltn101

Annhltn101 Member

No thank you, you are a huge help!

I knew about the ringtone thing and now that we have root maybe soon I can have my ringtone ^_^

3. Stopped after the firmware update O-o so not sure either.

So you were a huge help 1. fixed it btw. :)
  4. blt24

blt24 Member

Is anyone having the problem when playing songs though an auxiliary cord the phone starts touching itself and opening apps by itself? Its really freaky. Also the some songs will only play a few seconds then pause. Then I have to manually press play again. It seems to only be a problem when using an auxiliary cable. Works fine with headphones and through the speaker.
  5. Pappy62

I'm not going to go there... but if it were me, I'd install some child internet safety software on my computer, and limit its time online.
    Phones these days... :confused::(

Joking aside, what apps are opening when you connect to the aux?
  6. blt24

blt24 Member

lol I know it sounds weird XD but its not any certain apps, it just starts scrolling through lists, picking other songs, going back home, and then it opens the app menu, scrolls through and picks an app then starts using the app all by itself. Its REALLY freaky but I swear that's what it does. Once I unplug the cable it stops.
  7. Pappy62

Sounds like a job for an Exorcist. lol
    Almost sounds like you have a media app that's trying to start up. Take notes on what they are and get back to us. Try monitoring with an app like Android Assistant. It will show you all that are running, and give you a few more options than the standard "Applications" app that Android has built in.
  8. Trancenstuff

Trancenstuff Active Member

Yes on the pervy..I hear music..imma switch or pause. Ive almost started to wonders off its a gesture on the lock screen..it didn't..or should i say hasn't done it from winamp..just the stock google player.
    Never had wifi problems..
    On the ring tones..if you set individual ringtones for different People..those stay saved...and in groups..just not from the default phone ringtone...but i set it through Android assistant (phone ringtone) and it seems to stay so far.

suggestion on the submersible part... find or make a plug for the headphone jack before doing so... i have done many of underwater videos and pictures... but it seems that if water stays in the jack, it makes it think there is a pair of headphones in and cancels the earpiece speaker.. use a rolled up piece of toilet paper or paper towl.. or even q-tips to dry it out and it works great... speaker phone does work well though even with the jack hull of water.
  9. lgoddard85

lgoddard85 Member

Sometimes when I toggle my wifi off it makes the phone reboot. It's pretty damned annoying. Anyone else getting this?
  10. Pappy62

Nope - not here
  11. lgoddard85

lgoddard85 Member

I got it from best buy 11 days ago. I need to see what there return policy is. Basicly I'll be using wifi. Then it seems to have an error and no longer receives data. At that point if I toggle the wifi off it will reboot. But if I do it while it still is getting data from the wifi it DOESNT reboot.
  12. Lovesmcoffee

Lovesmcoffee New Member

I bought this for my wife and have noticed that the wifi will stop working with the router. It shows wifi connected, but there is no data. I can turn wifi off and then back on and it works. It will also sometimes crash when trying to do this.

Any ideas? I am going to take it back today to get another one, but may switch all together if it happens again.
  13. Wiesshund

Wiesshund Well-Known Member

Not sure the cause of the issue, but here is a freeze proof work around.
    If your wifi ceasing moving data, dont turn wifi off and on, it does sometimes make the phone reboot or freeze. Instead hold power a sec and then choose airplane mode, then do it again and cancel airplane mode.

Not sure why but it works.

If you happen to forget and freeze it, wait till the main buttons backlight goes off, then hold power for a sec, and wait, the power off/airplane mode menu will come up. Go into airplane mode and the phone will suddenly unfreeze, then repeate to get wifi back.

Make sure to send a report to kyocera so that they will see that it is an issue needing addressed.

Aside from that, it has so far proved to be a good phone.
    Larger screen would have been nice but then again my eyes are just old.
  14. E_Wizzle1024

E_Wizzle1024 New Member

The back speaker of my phone will not work.... I can still make calls but the back speaker will not work
  15. Suites

Suites New Member

Hey I'm a Cricket employee, I take customer issues very seriously. I had a customer come in with her hydro and it's been having 2 different issues.

1. Her email will not refresh, it stopped about a week ago and it doesn't matter if i try and refresh it with service data or attach it to wifi. I refreshed her account and reprogrammed, even did a manual program and the phone isn't responding. Anyone with a similar issue find a fix or any suggestions for the fix

2. Picture distortion, Her Pictures distort and and auto span out to fill the screen and causing everyone or anything in the picture to look fat or hefty. Also the tile icons will show one picture but when you choose the picture it pulls up a different picture.

I'm not sure of the validity of this, but she says she has had this problem with 3 different hydro's and I check she has went through the process of manufacture warranty 3 times since april. Can anyone tell me their thoughts on this and how to fix?
  16. mrsmumbles

mrsmumbles Well-Known Member

Hi, I have the same problem with gmail just recently no longer updating. So now before checking email I go into 'manage accounts' or whatever it's called on the system settings, and manually synchronize my gmail. That pulls the new mail into the inbox.

For the pictures, dunno because I don't do much with pictures on this phone. Good luck! I'm replacing my Hydro with an Optimus f7 I ordered and should receive this coming week. I've enjoyed my Hydro but its problems are getting a lot worse lately and I hope the new phone will be more capable and reliable.
  17. mrsmumbles

I meant I was no longer getting the notifications on my phone. The email is still being received on Googles servers, just the phone turns sync off so the notifications stop.
  18. troublehater

troublehater New Member

I am not able to use the 4 utility icons which are the return, home, settings and panels key at the bottom of the phone. They stay lit but do not operate. I can not press return or go back to the home screen once an app is opened. I can navigate through the notification bar or else turn my phone off and on. If i try to reset the phone the data will malfunction and misconstrue the date as Jan 5 1980 at 6AM. It only returned to its normal functioning once. Help me please... I do not want to buy another phone.
  19. mrsmumbles

Sounds like the phone is freezing up. One thing about it, you can't do more than one thing at a time on that phone and sometimes even that's too much. :/