• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issues/comments after installing ICS? Discuss/post here

ICS completely destroyed my 3VO. My keyboard no longer functions properly, it inserts words randomly without me touching it, when I hit backspace it will insert 'bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb" until I close out the app I was typing in completely. Worst update ever.

Out of curiosity, does it do that everywhere, or just a particular app? Dolphin Web browser had an issue just like that. My SwiftKey had some oddities with typing after the update, but they released an update to SwiftKey right after and the problem went away, even though that wasn't one of the fixes shown in the update. I think some people had problems with the digitizer or something making their phones act all possessed. I didn't read the thread but it may have some answers for you.

Beyond that, all I can suggest is a battery pull, and factory reset.

Anyway, just trying to help out. I haven't seen a general problem like you are reporting after my own and my wife's Evo3d.

Upvote 0
ICS completely destroyed my 3VO. My keyboard no longer functions properly, it inserts words randomly without me touching it, when I hit backspace it will insert 'bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb" until I close out the app I was typing in completely. Worst update ever.

What keyboard do you use? Stock? Swype? swiftkey? other?
go into the keyboard in apps, and clear the data out (Note that this will cause you to lose your customization - any words that you have saved in your custom dictionary, language settings etc) - that might help

Upvote 0
I also forgot to add that my phone has an 'abnormal reset' at least twice a week now

Check to make sure that all your apps are ICS compatible. There really is no reason for your phone to reset abnormally just because of the OS update to ICS (since the same hardware with the same OS update is working fine for many). My guess is that it is an incompatible app

Upvote 0
Need help.. recently switched to ics(ice cream sandwich operating system) and am missing music. Some of the music I can see in the downloads ah widget I guess its called but when I click on it I can only listen the song on the preview screen. When.I.open the music player a lot is missing , about half of my previous library or more. Any ideas where it went /how to play it back in the original music player? Phone is a HTC EVO 3d .. sprint if it helps.

What music app do you use? Is the music stored locally on your phone (internal or SD?) or on the cloud?
If on the internal or SD, can you verify that the music is still there, and that you can play it directly by going thru' a file explorer (I use ES Explorer, but you can pick whatever explorer you have)

Upvote 0
I too HATE the ICS upgrade. My Tether app won't work anymore and I see in the store the apps says "not compatable with HTC EVO" etc. The battery life now SUCKS, and everytime I exit an app it goes back to the homescreen and "reloads" like the phone has been shut off!! (I'm sure that just drains the battery. They should just say "if you accept this upgrade that everyone is screeming for you will have to do a factory reset and not everything will be compatable with the new upgrade.....proceed at your own risk!! JMO

Upvote 0
I too HATE the ICS upgrade. My Tether app won't work anymore and I see in the store the apps says "not compatable with HTC EVO" etc. The battery life now SUCKS, and everytime I exit an app it goes back to the homescreen and "reloads" like the phone has been shut off!! (I'm sure that just drains the battery. They should just say "if you accept this upgrade that everyone is screeming for you will have to do a factory reset and not everything will be compatable with the new upgrade.....proceed at your own risk!! JMO

were you rooted before? tether??

Upvote 0
I just received a notification for a "Personalize" update. It had the HTC update logo (circle with a arrow pointing down). I did it but not sure of what changes it made. Anyone else get this and do you know what it's for?

Yeah I got that update notification a couple of days ago. Don't know what it changes because I haven't done it yet. I was waiting for someone else to try it out first and post here how it goes. :eek:

Upvote 0
Yeah I got that update notification a couple of days ago. Don't know what it changes because I haven't done it yet. I was waiting for someone else to try it out first and post here how it goes. :eek:

I can't see any difference after the update. As far as I can tell, it is just some minor bug fixes release. Haven't seen anyone post details yet.

Reactions: eyebeam
Upvote 0

I got this update too. I have noticed that the font on my text messages are super small now. I have no clue how to get a bigger font with my texts now. Anyone know how? By the way, I am using the stock texting

Upvote 0
I got this update too. I have noticed that the font on my text messages are super small now. I have no clue how to get a bigger font with my texts now. Anyone know how? By the way, I am using the stock texting

Ok, this works at least pre-update - Don't imagine it's changed.

Open messages > open a message thread > hit the menu button > select text size.

HTH

Upvote 0
Ok, this works at least pre-update - Don't imagine it's changed.

Open messages > open a message thread > hit the menu button > select text size.

HTH

Thanks man. Idk how I missed that. There's another thing tgat is bothering me since the update. My notifications and ringer has switched to default. I went to go change them and problem solved,right? Wrong! Even though my custom ringers and notifications are chosen, I still hear the default sounds when I get a call or text. One thing to note, my FB notifications actually use my custom sounds,but everything else is default ugh. Any fix for this?

Upvote 0
Hello everyone.

Since the latest Ics update, I have been having problems watching flash videos or streams in full screen. When I try to go full screen, the screen goes black and I can only hear the sound. The sound goes in even after I exit the app. It only goes away after a force closure. I have the latest flash update, and also tried to uninstall flash to get the same result. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones