Issues/comments after installing ICS? Discuss/post hereSupport

1. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

They are usually quick with update releases on issues.

marctronixx likes this.
  2. Adar

Adar Well-Known Member

Did the update, and everything appeared to go smoothly, except for one thing. I can no longer open my text messages. I can open the list, and it shows all the threads, but I can't open any of the threads to view the actual messages. It just sits on the screen saying "Loading". At first I thought it was just the particular thread I was opening had too many messages, so I tried opening one from someone who has only sent me a couple of messages, and it won't open those either. I'm really hoping I don't have to wipe out all of my text messages to get this to work. I mean, I guess it isn't THAT big an issue. I did back them up through MyBackup Pro prior to the upgrade, but still, it is annoying.

Other than text messages, everything else seems to be working. By default, I had been using SPB Shell, but for now, I have switched back to Sense until I know everything is working. Would rather not introduce more variables than I need to.

Also, everything on my phone seems to be slower than before the update. I am not too worried about that one yet. I assume there is still going to be a lot of background cleanup stuff going on, and caching etc. Have to go run all of the new updates for my apps also. Was just curious if anyone had run into problems with the stock text message app after the upgrade.
    marctronixx likes this.
  3. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Well-Known Member

No sir. It's gone for some reason. I can't find it on HTC Hub either. :(

~ ArmyX
  4. Corpse11

Corpse11 Well-Known Member

My HTC Hub is still there...I also kinda don't like that this update added more "preloaded" apps...ie. facebook chat, etc...
  5. ArmageddonX

I have HTC Hub. I meant that HTC Flashlight is not listed inside HTC Hub. ;)

~ ArmyX
  6. MozartMan

MozartMan Well-Known Member

I disabled all four Facecrap apps.
  7. Corpse11

Corpse11 Well-Known Member

Gotcha lol

Also, Power Saver mode is gone?!
  8. krayziejoe

krayziejoe Active Member

Same problem on my phone. I had them all removed before the update. I kinda wish I didn't do a factory reset now, because they weren't there before that :(
  9. kinetic

kinetic Well-Known Member

Were you able to uninstall some of the preloaded apps? I can't remove any of the apps that I'm sure was removable before the update.
  10. atg284

atg284 Well-Known Member

I searched for said wise mans instructions from months back when I heard the news today. Ready to roll now that I'm off work!!!

Backing up then taking the plunge!!:cheers:
  11. Adar

Adar Well-Known Member

Apparently my SMS problems were related to the threads being too large. After deleting the largest thread (which took about 20 minutes to actually delete, with no indication that it was actually doing anything), I can now open my text messages.
  12. DonB

He didn't say he uninstall, he disabled them.

13. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

ArmageddonX likes this.
  14. kinetic

Yea.. was just wondering if he disabled them because he was unable to uninstall them. Strangely, my sister who also updated her 3D did NOT do a factory reset after updating and she doesn't have the 3D games and Blockbuster apps anymore, so perhaps the reset was the cause.
  15. megamegerr

megamegerr New Member

Hi all,

While downloading the new Ice Cream Sandwich update for my HTC EVO 3D today, my phone turned off. Now it won't continue the update because the file is corrupt. Any ideas on how to fix this? :(

Thanks!
  16. krayziejoe

krayziejoe Active Member

I'm pretty sure I already said this lol. They were gone before the reset, and came back to life after the reset
  17. DonB

Very possible

18. kinetic

Oops.. my apologies.. didn't see your reply. Yes, it appears that a factory reset brings the bloat back with no way to remove them (without root).
  19. atg284

atg284 Well-Known Member

How did you have them removed in the first place? Root?

I'm not sure I want to do a factory reset if more bloat comes on :/

Also, side note, how do you disable applications on ICS?

My only experience with ICS is CM9 on my HP Touchpad and it has zero bloat :D
  20. ShaunKL

ShaunKL New Member

So here's what I'm going to do:

Do a HTC Sync
    Backup entire SD Card to Computer
    Download & Apply Firmware Update
    Do a Factory Restore (Do not format SD card)
    Reinstall Apps
    Enjoy new Firmware!

Are my contacts on the SD Card?
  21. kinetic

Many of the Sprint apps were uninstallable via the "Applications" settings before the ICS update. After a factory reset, the apps will come back with no way to remove them.

You can disable apps via the "Apps" settings.
    atg284 likes this.
  22. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Really? Before rooting couldn't remove any preloaded :/
  23. ArmageddonX

marctronixx likes this.
  24. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Well-Known Member

This behavior is consistent with all of my Android 4.0 devices. It's broken somehow in ICS.
  25. DonB

Well that is what I meant, I have had ICS rooted for months now, sorry for the misunderstanding.