• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issues connecting to PC

Insp.

Lurker
Mar 15, 2011
Got my Desire Z on tuesday, so it's pretty much new. Yesterday i plugged my phone into my computer and it worked perfectly, i managed to move photos too and from my phone's SD card and all was well, the menu came up asking me to choose a Connect to PC option and i chose drive and it worked fine. It was automatically on charge, and the preference to always ask for this menu you to come up is still on.

As for today, i cannot connect my phone to my pc, using exactly the same phone (obviously) with exactly the same cable that is placed in exactly the same USB slot, with exactly the same programs on. When i plug the phone into the pc, there is no prompt for connection choice, but the phone is shown to be charging, the phone is essentially not found by the PC, but the hardware recognises that it is being powered.

If i set the phone to debug mode i am prompted to chose a connection, but even when i chose for the diskdrive to be used, it does not work. I cannot connect to HTC Sync either.

I have been googling the issue and this forum with a couple of it's posts came up, but i really need user specific as the phone was working fine yesterday, then come 24 hours later, it's just stopped working in terms of connection to pc.

Any help would be great, thanks

Update: it's noticing a connection to the pc now, but i cannot access the diskdrive.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones