• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issues/dicsussion with backlight for the hard buttons (disable/modify behavior?)

Hi thanks for the reply,I tried screen filter it didn't do anything to the lights on the button even if I checked the box in the app. To turn off the lights

Dang! Yeah, it's known to work for some devices but not others. Appreciate the test. I'll look around and see if I can suggest another. :)

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Hey guys I know I have been MIA for a little while things were a little crazy with the hurricane and all here in jersey.

Anyways, I noticed the other day that the back light behind my back button is out. If I tap lightly on the back of the phone it comes back on bit when I swipe or touch the screen it goes back out. Anyone else noticing this? I bought a white front panel which I'm going to install. The back light looks to be part of the assembly so that should take care of it. But I figured I'd ask. Maybe a loose connector? I have dropped the phone but it's been in a defender since day one.

Upvote 0
I noticed the other day that the back light behind my back button is out. If I tap lightly on the back of the phone it comes back on bit when I swipe or touch the screen it goes back out. Anyone else noticing this? I bought a white front panel which I'm going to install. The back light looks to be part of the assembly so that should take care of it. But I figured I'd ask. Maybe a loose connector? I have dropped the phone but it's been in a defender since day one.

Personally, no issues, but check the EVO 4G LTE forum and see if anyone is having issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones