issues from underclocking?

Last Updated:

1. Soybomb

Soybomb Member This Topic's Starter

I'm running LFY and an 1100mhz kernel that I let fall to 250mhz. I've noticed that when I get an incoming call sometimes my mp3 ringtone is a bit...slow... I'm going to assume that is from the underclocking and if it really bugs me maybe I'll see if it can use a wav.

The other thing I've noticed though is that when the phone rings it can sometimes take up to two rings for it to match the caller id number to a contact in my phone book. That is somewhat more irritating. Is this an underclocking related problem?

Advertisement
  2. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Well-Known Member

I read somewhere to go no lower than 300..
    I run300/500 on screen off and mine comes back pretty good.

3. ndoren

ndoren Well-Known Member Contributor

Experiment and adjust your SetCPU (or whatever you use) so that it doesn't fall to that lowest kernel slot. Instead set it not to go lower than 550 (or whatever your next slot is). Do your "slow" symptoms go away?

Many kernels have 250 Mhz as their slowest slot and I've not had any issues running that slow. Some kernels even clock down to 125 Mhz. To me, the battery savings is significant at 250 Mhz, and worth it.

Now that I think about it... I think the screen automatically illuminates on an incoming call, meaning that SetCPU's "screen off" profile is bypassed and you should get the higher clock speed at that point. So, if you're using SetCPU and the "screen off" profile, I think your phone will come out of the lowest clock setting pretty quickly anyway, during an incoming call. Neall