Issues Getting Music on PhoneSupport

1. asundar

asundar Member

I'm having an issue getting some of the music on the phone. For example, I'll put an entire album on there, but only about half of it will show up. The Removable Disk (for the 32 gb microsd) and the regular Android folder both show that the songs are there, but they aren't showing up on my phone. Can anyone help?

EDIT: It also won't delete what I want it to delete and won't add some songs.

Advertisement
  2. mark77

mark77 Active Member

Are you using google music?
  3. asundar

asundar Member

I think so. I am using the Music player on my phone, you know the one with the orange headphones? If that's Google Music, then the answer is yes.
  4. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member

Are the id3 tags correct? Google Music will put them in categories based on these.

Also, try clearing data in the app and rebooting.
    asundar likes this.
  5. asundar

asundar Member

By clearing, do you mean I should just go into the folders (Android and Removable Disk) and delete all the songs there?

The ID3 tags should be correct; they play fine on iTunes and the songs are there in folders themselves, but just don't show up on the music player.
  6. Helloneumann

Helloneumann Well-Known Member

No, system settings>apps>swipe the top bar over to all>scroll down to Google play music> open it> clear data
    asundar likes this.
  7. asundar

asundar Member

Worked like a charm; thank you sir.
  8. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member

No problem. Every time I add new music I go ahead and either clear cache and data for the app or I reboot. Google Music doesn't rescan your storage with any frequency, so it doesn't know you added anything.