Issues Please helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. Fusion87

Fusion87 New Member

I bought my mum a nexus 7 and its been working fine since the get go 6 weeks ago, but 2 days ago started playing up. Firmware is on 4.2, i don't think my mum will know when it was updated but i expect it will have been automatically set.

1. Cant connect to google play store - It just sits at the grey page with play store at the top and never actually connects

2. Wont connect to any internet browser except Chrome which it then instantly closes.

Now i thought hmm perhaps virus so as im unable to get on the play store or the internet to get AVG/Avast antivirus app we decided to factory reset.

After factory reset we could do even less.

1. Cant sign into a gmail account - everytime we selected Existing account and put in details it closed down gmail and acted like nothing had happened.

2. Still cant access Play store

3. Still cant access internet except chrome but everytime i try to get an antivirus the links always send me to play store...which i cant access.

If anyone has any ideas as to what the issue is and how to resolve this, would be grateful.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. palmtree5

palmtree5 Sunny Vacation Supporter! Moderator

Hi, welcome to the forums! :ciao:

Personally, I would think a factory reset would've wiped it out but it's clear that it only made the problem worse. Can you boot the device into its bootloader? To do this, turn the device off, hold both volume buttons and then press the power button. If done correctly, you should see a green droid laying on its back with a panel open on its belly
  3. Fusion87

Fusion87 New Member

Hi,

Yes i can access the bootloader
  4. Fusion87

Fusion87 New Member

Im starting to believe the problem lies with Gmail.

Cant access play store if your not logged into Gmail

As per my OP Gmail isnt recognizing the information that i put into it to connect to an existing account or creating a new one, as it just flashes and ends up back at the screen asking for Existing or New account.

How can i fix this?
  5. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Try looking in your app list for Gmail and clear data and cache, although a FR would've done the same so I'm not sure.
    Maybe try it on a different wireless network if you can, there might be a chance something is getting blocked for some reason.

In any case, if you can access the bootloader, you always have the option of flashing the factory image of 4.2.1 if all else fails.