• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issues re data & power HELP

Bonz

Lurker
Feb 22, 2012
OK i'm brand new and shiny - i'm also crap with technology!!

Only just got a Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 and after a week noticed battery hardly seeing the day thro despite not talking often?

I was alerted to a list of "running services" which indicates a raft of apps and other things working in the backround despite task manager saying nothing is open.

I am on a contract which charges for downloads over 500mb per month therefore keen to avoid. I have had a look thro and not seen similar queries and with no manual is there any ways to restrict the running services whilst RAM status is 433mb used.

Any help really appreciated.

The quickest way right now is to long press on the power button and you will have option to off the data line. This way you will not be consuming data. Also, apps that require data are less likely to run in the background and eat your battery.

Other than that, have a look in the forum about battery saving. There are a lot of tips flying around.

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones