1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Issues reported on the Note 2General

1. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

The following video by qbking77 outlines a few issues recently discovered on the Sprint version of the Galaxy Note 2

Hopefully both Sprint and Samsung issue an update to fix them.

If you encounter any other issue, post them up.

TS

Advertisement
    :
    drexappeal and treb1797 like this.
  2. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Only one that's a bit concerning is bringing the phone out of standby.

It would be a huge fail if they don't bring multitasking to the US. The backlash would be bad, so I doubt that will be held from update soon.

I have never had voice and data capabilities at the same time, so I won't miss that, but would be nice to have.
  3. JAJameson2010

JAJameson2010 Well-Known Member

What are the odds that Samsung will actually fix these things? Are they even fixable through a simple update?
  4. acrbill

acrbill Well-Known Member

That voice and data radio would be pretty sweet. I have LTE in my area so it won't be a huge concern unless I get into a spotty area. I guess one benefit to having Best Buy behind the curve is that any small issues have a chance to be addressed.
  5. twospirits

SVDO is not possible with an update, the FCC docs show that it does not have it.

Edit: FCC Docs for the Sprint version

TS
  6. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

That's only for the US version?
  7. twospirits

Correction, Sprint version FCC docs.

TS
  8. matt190191

matt190191 Well-Known Member

I would rather have an issue that can be fixed via an easy software update than the issue with the Iphone 5 which has that scuffgate problem which everyones complaining about at the moment. But Each phone has its own set of problems though I suppose
  9. qbking77

qbking77 Well-Known Member

10. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

11. menmyjeep

menmyjeep Well-Known Member

12. Elantric

Elantric Well-Known Member

13. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

14. bamhm182

bamhm182 Well-Known Member

So I have an idea for a thread that I think would be pretty useful. If you've had an issue with the Galaxy Note II that you've solved, or even been unable to solve, post about it here, and I'll compile a list of solutions in this main thread.

Solved

Only keyboards are English, Spanish, and Korean
    Problem: I would like a keyboard with *insert language here* but the only languages available out of the box are English, Spanish, and Korean.

Solution: The stock keyboard only has English, Spanish, and Korean downloaded, but you can actually go into Settings>Language and input>Samsung keyboard's cog and download additional languages for both standard input and handwriting. Quite a few languages are available, so if you speak another language besides English, Spanish, or Korean, check it out.

Somewhat solved

Folders in App Drawer won't sort correctly for Alphabetical grid
    Problem: If you press the menu key while in the App Drawer, you can change the view type to "Customizable grid", "Alphabetical grid", and "Alphabetical list". Customizable grid and Alphabetical list both work fine, but Alphabetical grid has issues. If there are Apps inside of folders, they will not sort alphabetically, and if you delete an app, there will be a gap when that app used to be.

Partial solution: You can use AppZorter to rearrange your apps how you'd like them quickly, but there's a downside, in that you have to run it periodically, it won't just automatically keep your apps sorted.

AppZorter Lite

Unsolved

Change Notification Bar Power Widgets
    Problem: By default, there are 5 shortcuts in the Notification Bar, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sync, and Screen rotation. The only ones of those I'll ever use are Wi-Fi and Screen rotation. I'd like a way to be able to replace the other 3 with more useful shortcuts.

Standard vibrations for notifications are really long
    Problem: I'd like the vibration that happens when I get a text, facebook popup, etc. to be shorter. You can change the vibration pattern for your ringtone in the settings, but that doesn't change the notifications vibration.

Stock browser loads websites incorrectly
    Problem: Websites are not always the correct size when loaded on the stock browser, requiring them to be manually resized.
  15. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

I wonder why it would've been placed in the sgs3 and not the note 2
  16. evohicks

evohicks Well-Known Member

The vibration pattern can be altered in the Handcent SMS app. To be honest the stock app never did have alot of features throughout the Galaxy range. I always use Handcent although there are others out there too.
  17. bamhm182

bamhm182 Well-Known Member

I use Google Voice. It doesn't have anything to alter vibration patterns or length.
  18. animal47

animal47 Well-Known Member

Anyone managed to find a way of getting the stock browser to resize properly as virtually every web page I go on needs to be manually resized even with the resize option checked in settings.
    A way of making it stay in desktop view by default would also be nice.
  19. animal47

animal47 Well-Known Member

My only complaints are stock browser doesnt resize pages as its supposed to and I find the fact that I always have to switch to desktop mode irritating, it should have a default desktop setting.
  20. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

I use Dolphin browser. Works real well and resizes. I also don't understand people who are upset about the no voice and data on 3g? It's so slow it barely does data by itself. Just pray for lte to rollout quickly. Hopefully sprint isn't sparing any expense since they're getting $20 billion from soft bank next year.
  21. snugglewumpus

snugglewumpus New Member

My S pen marks (or selects) before I put it down. And no multi screen was disappointing.
  22. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

This "desktop mode" setting not working for you?

[​IMG]
  23. Wangta

Wangta Well-Known Member