• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Issues reported on the Note 2

I don't really see what you're talking about. I use either Chrome or Dolphin HD most the time, so I'm never in the stock browser, but I just fired it up and loaded a few web pages and they load fine for me. It's possible that it could be the web page itself that's screwed up. Can you give us some examples?

As for staying in Desktop view, switching to another browser, like Dolphin HD, would fix this right up for you, as well as add in a ton of other nice features.

Upvote 0
Anyone managed to find a way of getting the stock browser to resize properly as virtually every web page I go on needs to be manually resized even with the resize option checked in settings.
A way of making it stay in desktop view by default would also be nice.

I know what you mean but its not just this phone that does it, my S2 was the same. I use Opera mate, double tap the page and it resizes perfectly. I remember the HTC's were good for this on stock browsing.

Upvote 0
This "desktop mode" setting not working for you?

anynabab.jpg

Yes it works but I have come from an htc where once you have chosen desktop mode it then stays in it rather than having to reselect it on every new tab you open.

Upvote 0
I don't really see what you're talking about. I use either Chrome or Dolphin HD most the time, so I'm never in the stock browser, but I just fired it up and loaded a few web pages and they load fine for me. It's possible that it could be the web page itself that's screwed up. Can you give us some examples?
No point in giving examples as it is the same on every new web page I open, looks like I had better start looking at new browsers which is something I have never felt the need to have to bother with before.

Upvote 0

As for staying in Desktop view, switching to another browser, like Dolphin HD, would fix this right up for you, as well as add in a ton of other nice features.

He means the web page doesn't load in proportion to the screen. If you double tap it still needs resizing to fit the screen properly. As I said before its not just this phone that does this, I think it's a Samsung thing for sure.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

^ This would be better served in the accessory thread.

On another note, one of the things I don't like about "issue" threads is instead of figuring out how STOCK can be fixed it's always suggested to use something else which sort of defeats the purpose of fixing anything.

To the OP, it's good you started this--don't get me wrong but as someone else said, there is already an issue thread; why do we need 2?

Upvote 0
one of the things I don't like about "issue" threads is instead of figuring out how STOCK can be fixed it's always suggested to use something else which sort of defeats the purpose of fixing anything.

That's because STOCK most-often SUCKS! lol There's always something better out there, hence why we have an app store in the first place. :)

Upvote 0
While I wouldn't quite say the stock experience sucks. I would say that in most cases, there are third party applications that do the job of stock applications WAY better. For example, the stock browser doesn't really suck, it works perfectly fine for browsing the internet, however, browsers like Dolphin HD have many more plugins and nice features that making browsing the internet even better.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Is anyone else having trouble enabling auto-correct? My phone will not correct simple miss-spellings and it won't change youre -> you're. Pretty simple things here. They have to have auto correct on the Note II right? They wouldn't sell a phone built around taking notes, and not include auto-correct... would they?

On my setup I have the suggested words to use just above the keyboard, so if I type a mistake or join two words by mistake for instance the options are there to correct it. I prefer this much more than my ipad which would auto correct and sometimes put in the wrong words.

Upvote 0
My S pen marks (or selects) before I put it down. And no multi screen was disappointing.

The marks/selects is a "feature" of the S Pen. You can disable.
Settings > S Pen > Air view (check or uncheck to your preference).

If you're a Sprint customer you should be receiving an OTA update any day that will give you Multi window view and more features.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones