Issues Sending MMSSupport

Last Updated:

1. jsward12

jsward12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anybody having issues sending MMS messages? I get an error all the time saying message failed network error, retrying. Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. AdmSuvvuk

AdmSuvvuk Well-Known Member

I get it with every mms sent but it's meaningless (at least in my case) since the message is in fact sent and received by the recipient. I thought perhaps it was due to using Chomp instead of the native messaging app, but I didn't investigate it further as I knew they were indeed being sent.

3. jsward12

Looks like maybe its only to ATT customers.

4. AdmSuvvuk

AdmSuvvuk Well-Known Member

I get the notification for every mms sent regardless of carrier, even within the verizon network. I know it is sending because I get it even when another phone in the house is sitting next to me and I watch the pic download on that handset. There is a problem with mms messages to ATT subscribers, primarily iphone users that I encountered with the Dare, the Omnia, and the EnV. The networks don't seem to like each other sometimes it seems.

5. jsward12

6. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

3G must be enabled for MMS to work. Did you try this?

7. jsward12

Yeah its enabled.

8. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

No it doesn't. SMS and MMS are sent over 1xRTT.

9. akingsfan

akingsfan Member

I am having trouble sending pics to AT&T customers. My partner and one of my close friends seem to never get my pic messages. But I tried sending the same message to myself and others (who are not AT&T customers) and they go through. It's frustrating, because these are the two people I send pic messages to the most. I have Handcent, but have also tried the stock messaging app, and I get the same (non) results. I will try sending to xxx-xxx-xxxx@att.mms.net and see if that works. (Oh, and I have also tried to scale down the resolution so that the pics aren't as large, still same results...and only seems to be with AT&T customers...strange!)

Anyone else having the same problem? Any other ideas/solutions?

10. jsward12

Ah I thought it was fixed after using just the stock messaging app. Nope same issue. I gave up. Between the signal issues and this issue it was too frustrating as my nexus one worked fine. I ported back to AT&T last night.

11. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Possibly try disabling MMS delivery reports. Seems like a network error would be a different beast yet my MMS is working great. Also bumped up my max message size to 1.2M for MMS. No idea if that'll help but maybe worth a go since mine are going through error free. May be just the signal strength at the time of the send, idk.

12. ArtisticSoul79

ArtisticSoul79 Member

I have the HTC HD2 under T-Mobile and rooted with Android.. I'm able to receive MMS messages, but my pictures will not send out at all... Does anyone know a quick fix for this? I don't want to have to get Android re-installed on my phone..

13. turbomentor

turbomentor Well-Known Member

I just started having some MMS issues. I can neither send nor receive an MMS message. First time this has happened to me. Any ideas? Smart peeps?