• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issues Sending MMS

Looks like maybe its only to ATT customers.

I get the notification for every mms sent regardless of carrier, even within the verizon network. I know it is sending because I get it even when another phone in the house is sitting next to me and I watch the pic download on that handset. There is a problem with mms messages to ATT subscribers, primarily iphone users that I encountered with the Dare, the Omnia, and the EnV. The networks don't seem to like each other sometimes it seems.

Upvote 0
I am having trouble sending pics to AT&T customers. My partner and one of my close friends seem to never get my pic messages. But I tried sending the same message to myself and others (who are not AT&T customers) and they go through. It's frustrating, because these are the two people I send pic messages to the most. I have Handcent, but have also tried the stock messaging app, and I get the same (non) results. I will try sending to xxx-xxx-xxxx@att.mms.net and see if that works. (Oh, and I have also tried to scale down the resolution so that the pics aren't as large, still same results...and only seems to be with AT&T customers...strange!)

Anyone else having the same problem? Any other ideas/solutions?

Upvote 0
Possibly try disabling MMS delivery reports. Seems like a network error would be a different beast yet my MMS is working great. Also bumped up my max message size to 1.2M for MMS. No idea if that'll help but maybe worth a go since mine are going through error free. May be just the signal strength at the time of the send, idk.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones