• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issues that need to be addressed.

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S II, two weeks ago for Straight Talk. I currently cannot send or receive picture messages, or access mobile internet. Nor can I update to ICS via Samsung Kies, as my phone is not a supported device. I am pretty sure the update will fix my other two problems. I have run it with USB Debugging active. I have a friend with the same phone through T-mobile and has no problems. What do I need to do??

Welcome to the forum.

Are your apn settings correct? If these are entered wrong you won't be able to connect to the internet or send mms. Your correct settings can be found here
Tmobile apn settings

As for updating your phone, Kies is a notoriously poor program. You could have two identical phones bought from the same place and it would pick one up and not the other. Your best bet will probably be to download your firmware from Samfirmware and manually flash with Odin
SamMobile Firmware Page

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones