Issues when trying to connect to EVO hotspotSupport

Last Updated:

1. Sean111

Sean111 New Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone else having issues with connections to the hotspot timing out when trying to connect or when already connected? I have tried to search around before posting but even most of my friends haven't come across this issue yet.

Trying to connect with a winxp laptop and a mac laptop. Tried open, WPA and WPA2.

Advertisement
  2. SSmokybear

SSmokybear Well-Known Member

I just discovered I am having this issue as well. No connection on any of the security settings. Windows Vista via laptop.

Tom

3. Sean111

Hey SSmokybear. I turned off 4G and it is now connecting without any issue here (Work). At home it's connecting no problem with 4G. Only difference I can see is that my work has full 4G bars while at home I only have one. Not sure if it will help but try turning 4G off to see if you can connect that way too.

4. SSmokybear

SSmokybear Well-Known Member

I checked and my 4G is off. I have it off cuz i'm in San Diego where 4G isn't...

So it must be something else. Gonna sit down tonight and mess with it some more. It may even be my laptop....

5. Sean111

Ah damn, was hoping maybe that would help you too. If I find anything more I will post it in here. Good luck

6. Sean111

Anyone else having this issue?

7. EVOjet

EVOjet Member

I have the Hotspot feature (3G only) and found it on par with my wireless router through Comcast cable. This was Monday during the day. However, last night (8-9pm), I found it to be much, much slower. I was unable to watch streaming video and download a TV episode on iTunes.

Wondering if the service is overtaxed at peak talk/data times and that is the reason for poor performance?

8. karlito1

karlito1 New Member

Not that it matters, but I'm in San Diego too. Can't get the hotspot "hotting". When my Win7 64 bit laptop pops up the error message, I click "details" or such - something about error code 997 I think. Haven't gone further in finding root cause - yet.

Was hoping to find a "hey stupid - do this and it'll work". Newb to Android and thoroughly enjoying the ride. Bring us Froyo . . . Bring us Froyo! :D

9. energyshawn

energyshawn Member

I had the same problem today and got it working thanks to some help from friends over at HTC.

The issue appears to be due to some app that has been installed. I am not sure which app but after hard reseting the storage (reseting to factory defaults) it works fine now.

WARNING This will cause all data to be erased from your phone so use caution and common sense before doing this. All your apps and anything not stored on your SD card are going to be erased!

1. Power Phone Off
    2. Hold top volume button down (don't release until step 4)
    3. Quick press and release the power button
    4. Release volume button when screen comes on.
    5. Select "Reset Storage" by using the down volume button to navigate and power
    button to select.

If anyone figures out what app causes this problem please let me know.

Regards,

Shawn