Last Updated: Aug 12,2010
If i was to guess, you are an existing Alltel customer...right?
Manually program your phone
spc password: 000000
Let me know if that fixes it!
OH...you also need to do this:
Starting in the top left corner going clockwise, touch all four corners. that'll override the setup so you can manually program.
And by corners, he means the corners of the window that the android is in, not the actual corners of the screen
Exactly..thanks for the back up. i see what i need to do, but typing doesnt come out right. lol
Just re-type your MDN. Then commit changes. It may error out and say no changes made. If this happens, do a battery pull. You should be good.
- no worries - I only stress that because I spent 5 minutes one night trying to bypass it, using the 4 corners of the screen instead of the window. I got frustrated and started hitting the corners faster and faster, and on the last pass I know for a cat I was not anywhere near the corners - but it bypassed.
That's when I figured it out.
When my google pal told me how to do it....i wanted to break the phone. I mashed the corners for like an hour. I threatened to break his neck b/c i thought he was messing with me. Then he clarified. lol
ROTF - hours! I can understand why you'd want to break his neck....
Sure hope the OP is having better luck now.....he got quiet.....
Is the actual phone application still on your device? Try doing a battery pull again. And, im assuming your MIN/MDN are in the correct spots....
If this doesnt work, you may have to do another full factory wipe.
Sorry you're having a rough night bud. Hopefully this will fix..i'm about to go mobile so i will not have pc access for a few. Feel free to PM me for additional help if you need. if not, i will respond back to this thread within a few hours....
One thing you might try. I really dont see how root would affect it, but perhaps something went wrong.
Try flashing back to stock 2.0.1 then root again.
Guess it will not hurt to try everything.....
I have dealt with a similar issue on a friend's phone. The solution was to do a factory reset, which fixed it and allowed the phone to be activated again. Menu > Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset.
Sorry for the double post.
It seems now that the only problem is that I cannot call anyone or receive calls. If I could just fix that problem, everything would be great. I double checked my CDMA SID with a huge list and it is indeed correct. The only thing that I can think of is that the IMSI_11_12 is wrong, although I used the same number as my mother and brother, who both have droids on the same carrier. I'm really running out of ideas, and I really do not want to bring this thing to the Verizon store and get scolded for rooting it.
This happened to my phone, exactly the same steps you did. I took the phone into Verizon after trying to manually program it myself (but I had the wrong MIN...even though everyone in my house on my plan's MIN is same as their phone number, mine wasn't).
Verzion saw my Droid had 2.2 (which wasn't allowed at the time) The guy went in and fixed it for me.
I was originally an Alltel customer as well.
So if all else fails, simply take it in. The guy plugged a few numbers in and he had it up and running within 5 minutes.
He did the ##7764726 code and used that setup tool. I simply had the MIN wrong and if I had it right, everything would have been cake. So I'm guessing you do NOT have the correct MIN in your phone atm.
Separate names with a comma.