Issues with built-in car BluetoothSupport

1. illini56

illini56 New Member

I have a 2007 Nissan Altima with built in bluetooth connectivity. I was able to pair the droid with the car and can make and receive calls but with one big problem. I can hear the other person but they can't hear me! Anyone else experiencing this in their car?

Advertisement
  2. audiofx

audiofx Member

my 2010 mazda 3 works fine for calls for music streaming it is broken which is really making me want to return this phone but i love almost everything else about it :(
  3. Rombly303

Rombly303 New Member

I have the exact same problem with my 2007 Infiniti G35. I know our bluetooth hands free systems are identical, so it seems our problems are identical. Anyone else know if a fix for this!?? I used to have this same problem with my treo 755p, but then i just downloaded a bluetooth software upgrade and it worked just fine. Now with my Droid, i dont see such an option. Help Please!!
  4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I have a 2007 Infiniti M35 that I will test with later on today to see if it works - since all three are same year model, I am relatively sure that the Bluetooth phone link systems should be near identical.

In the meantime, though, I cannot get it to connect to the computer (7 Ultimate 64bit)....so I am trying to figure that out right now....
  5. mikelawr

mikelawr New Member

I have a 2007 G35. I was able to pair my phone, but when I place a call the person sounds garbled. They also can't hear me. I'm anxious to hear if there is a solution.

Thanks,
    Mike
  6. JGut

JGut Active Member

any solution? have a g35 too
  7. Durkan

Durkan Well-Known Member

Only bluetooth issue i had was it took probably 10 or so searches for it to pickup my 2008 lexus gs. Im just happy it works lol
  8. JGut

JGut Active Member

tried it today. I can hear the other person, but they cant hear me. any fix?
  9. Rombly303

Rombly303 New Member

I just talked with the tech support at Motorola. They have acknowledged there is a missing Bluetooth Profile with the Nissan/Infinity bluetooth interface. They are working on an update, probably firmware, to fix the bug. They did not give me a time table, but they will email me once it is available and I will post it here.
    In the mean time, good thing the Droid has the best speaker phone on the market!
    cruiser86 likes this.
  10. JGut

JGut Active Member

called them too just now and they had no idea what I was talking about. how do they forget a major brand of car, its not like we are driving yugos
  11. mikelawr

mikelawr New Member

I found a temporary solution for the G35. I assume the same can be done on the Altima. When you make or receive a call, click "Use Handset" on the screen in the car so that the call goes to the phone. After, hit the "Phone" button on the car. Now the call will be transferred back to the bluetooth, the sound will be clear and the other person will be able to hear you.

This is definitely not a permanent solution, but better than nothing. I won't be so inclined to return the phone now.

-Mike
  12. illini56

illini56 New Member

I will give that a shot tomorrow. Thanks
  13. Kenkudaki

Kenkudaki New Member

I have a 2007 Altima WITHOUT navigation, and the bluetooth works just fine. Does your Altima have navigation?
  14. johnlgalt

Interesting - the Infiniti M35 here *also* has navigation. Now I really *do* need to go try this, huh?
  15. lemodular

lemodular Well-Known Member

I have an 07 G35 w/ navi and have similar issues as above. I'll subscribe to this thread.

I hope Motorola issues a fix soon, I hate driving while holding a phone.
  16. Zbad1

Zbad1 New Member

2006 G35 coupe here. No nav, but with bluetooth. Can't get my Droid to pair or even see my car's bluetooth.
  17. wiegie

wiegie New Member

Yes, the Droid is awesome in almost every other way, except for this annoyance; to confirm: garbled audio, other party cannot hear when I speak. Have not tried the handset/phone switcheroo solution. Will keep checking this forum until problem solved. Chris
  18. reckoner

reckoner Active Member

I don't have a problem with the phone connecting to the car but I am having problems getting the phonebook to sync -- anyone else having that issue??
  19. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

By reading this post I know know the demographic of droid owners

Male/18-30/must own G35.

ha

anyways, its not so much the car they forgot, its is the absurd amount of blutooth systems out there. I have an aftermarket parrot system in my car, took some time to detect at first but works like a charm now. Although it does beep randomly three times withing the first few minutes of start up which interrupts my music.

Also, i saw somewhere a way to add more profiles to the blutooth. but I don't remember where and cant finds it. ha. Try searching the forum.
  20. Apps_Droid

Apps_Droid Member

Tried Moto Droid today for the first time with BlueTooth...Everything worked fine, connection, sound, etc...BUT....after I turned off my car my droid got "hung"...it froze. Could not figure out what to do, so ended up taking out battery from phone. Anyone else experiencing this?
  21. wiegie

wiegie New Member

Yes, but it was an issue with the old phone (RAZR) as well. I think it's a prob on the Nissan/Infiniti end. Plus, I think I have WAY too many contacts on my phone now (over 1000) for the Infiniti to handle, now that I've merged all the data from my Palm (15 years worth of contacts carried from handheld to handheld) and my email account contacts (10 years worth) into my Google/Droid account.
  22. johnlgalt

Could it be that it simply had not had enough time to sort through all the contacts, and was still in the process of doing so when the connection was broken?
  23. wiegie

wiegie New Member

johnlgalt: Nope. Right away told me that the process failed. BUT, never really had a need to sync to the car. Far easier to get to contacts through the cell.
  24. johnlgalt

Ahhh. Well, I have a lot of time tomorrow afternoon, so I will perform the test with a 2007 Infiniti M35 with both BT and NAV and see how it sounds....

I'll test mobile to mobile as well as mobile to land line to see if there is a discernible difference or not....
  25. LandLockedPH

LandLockedPH Well-Known Member