issues with calls and intermittent 4G connectionSupport

1. Rite turn clyd

Rite turn clyd New Member

I have an HTC EVO 3D w/ virgin (currently unrooted), and i've been having trouble with the 4G network and making calls.

With the 4G, a video would stream for 10 seconds then stop for ten, then repeat. Tethering would work for a little bit then stop. I'm supposedly in an area with good coverage. A friend has the same service as me and side by side his device works, mine doesn't.

Also having issues with phone calls.. Sometimes when I answer the phone it immediately hangs up. Then it can't make outgoing calls, claims it's dialling when it's really doing nothing. It will show full bars, drop out then show full bars again while dialling.

All of this has been going on since before Sandy hit so I know it's not the network.

Is there a fix or should I take it back and get another one?

Thanx

Advertisement
    :
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

well how long have you had this device? if you recently purchased it, it must be a refurbished model since it was discontinued some time ago.

did you add any apps or remove anything prior to these issues?

virgin uses Sprints network, and sprint is upgrading their network. you could be in an affected area.

does this issue happen anywhere in the city or just certain places and/or certain times of the day?

smoke over this thread:
    http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-3d/361521-streaming-media-tyrrany-sprint-proxies.html

and this one

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-3d/361626-my-gps-location-inaccurate-defective-phone-replace.html

they speak about the sprint evo but the same rules apply in your case.

if you are unable to make reliable calls, then you should not wait for help from the internet and take it into a repair facility as soon as you can. its difficult to diagnose conditions like these over the net.
    Rush and DonB like this.
  3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Hello and welcome aboard. :)

If by now you haven't had any luck getting this problem fixed, then I would suggest doing a reset of the device. You might have had installed an incompatible app, or an application has gone rogue.

A reset would most likely be the best solution for this type problem.

Thanks for joining.