Issues with Chomps.General

1. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Anyone use chomps for SMS's?

I have had it installed for about two weeks, and everything was fine. All of a sudden, two days ago I started having issues. I was texting back and forth with my wife, when all of a sudden, I stopped getting her texts. I could still send her texts, and she would get them, but I would not get hers. Wasn't sure what was going on, so I power-cycled both phones and that brought it on-line.

Next day, we were texting again, and for a while everything was good. Then, all of a sudden, it happened again. This time, I checked with a couple of other people and I wasn't getting texts, yet I could still send them and they would be received.

I unstalled task manager in the event that somehow that was quitting something important. No dice. So I uninstalled chomps and used the native sms app and all was fine. Tried re-installing chomps and the problem returned.

Any reason why that would happen? Very strange. Native SMS app is still working fine.

Advertisement
  2. moonsbabe

moonsbabe Well-Known Member

I had a problem with ChompSMS. I sent email to the developer and they had me download a program from market that logs what is happening with your program. I then recieved two updates from them. Haven't had any problems with it since. Give that a try, worked for me!
  3. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

Check your settings Here is what I have checked. If it is not listed, it is not checked
    Native app -
    Auto-retrieve
    Roaming auto-retrieve

chomp -
    via Mobile Carrier
    show only mobile contacts
    Notification
    Screen comes on
    Show Ticker
    Quick Compose
    Auto-retrieve

I am using ver 2.16 Menu>settings>about chomp
  4. tragicheart

tragicheart Active Member

sorry to steal your topic, but i cant seem to figure out how to set it so it shows my message then the other persons response then mine and so on. Right now it only shows all of my msgs in the conversation in the bottom half and all of the other persons in the top half.

Any ideas?
  5. matttmj

matttmj New Member

I had the same issue that you did on what I believe was the same day in which you made your post. Like yourself, went through all of the settings in my vain attempt at correcting the problem. Ultimately, I removed the program, and everything worked perfectly again. i will attempt to re-install the program again later to see if I have similar issues. On a side note, Chomps doesn't provide for sending pictures with texts. I like the "look" of Chomps since it so closely resembles iChat on my Mac, but these issues will ultimately have to be fixed for me to use it again in the future.
  6. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

that why you should use handcent :p
  7. MsAim1

MsAim1 New Member

I am having a different problem with Chomps, and had the same thing on Handcent. I have reminders turned off in native messaging and don't see any enabled on Chomps (or Handcent before i trashed it), but I keep getting reminders hours after an unread text was sent. I like the pop-up incoming text function and want the LED to keep flashing, but I don't want the same message to keep coming through. Any suggestions? Thanks, all. (I have the Moto/Verizon Droid - and LOVE it!)