• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Issues with Exchange email attachments on SC 2.9 Help!

twoof1

Lurker
Apr 8, 2010
OK, so I drank the Koolaid and as a first time n00b rooted and flashed SC 2.9. First let me say mad props to all the devs who have been working on this and helping all of us to get up to speed. You guys are awesome!!
All was great in wonderland until I finished configuring my work email through Exchange. I get many emails a day with Word & Excel attachments that I need to view while I'm out and about. Now on 2.9 I keep getting error messages that the attachment files are corrupt and can't be opened or if I can open them they are all gibberish.
I've tried the following programs with the same results: Thinkfree Office (Lite), Documents to Go (Trial) and Office Suite Pro (Trial).
If I forward the email to my Gmail account the attachment opens fine...
Anyone out there have any suggestions?
SC 2.9 rocks and it has solved many of my issues with the stock Eclair but if I can't get this issue resolved I may have to fall back to DI01...
Thanks again to all the devs who have put so much work and effort into this endeavor.
TIA

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones