Issues with Gyroscope?Support

Last Updated:

1. slanch

slanch Active Member This Topic's Starter

Since I updated to Froyo my phone has been way more sensitive than I'd like it to be, switching to landscape view for instance if the phone is only slightly moved.

I recalibrated it and it's still doing this.

Anyone else experiencing this? Have any solutions?

Advertisement
  2. ethon

ethon Well-Known Member

Yep I've had the same problem.

3. Nsane1

Nsane1 Well-Known Member

Yep, me too.

4. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

When my phone is lying flat on a table or other surface, apps often open up in landscape. Definitely annoying.

The 270 degree is cool though since you can now use your phone with the usb cable attached without it getting in the way.

5. EricS96521

EricS96521 Well-Known Member

I too like the new 270 degree rotation. When I had my voyager, the phone opened so the keyboard was on the right and I got used to it and then I noticed every other phone was making it so they were on the left. Good to see I now have an option to which way I want to turn my phone.

6. jasperwill

jasperwill Well-Known Member

yes i like the 270 degree rotation.... but i think that this bug is making it not worth it to me.

7. Big Calhoun

Big Calhoun Well-Known Member

I'vr also noticed it's a little quicker on the draw than before. I guess I've gotten used to it so I try to be mindful and it hasn't been too much of an issue. Would be nice if you could adjust the sensitivity.

8. ckar

ckar Well-Known Member

I've ablsolutely notice this problem. If you use the phone in landscape mode for anything (web, mms, whatever) and hit the home and/or power button before reorienting the phone to portrait mode, the next time you hit the power button the phone will initially open in landscape mode for a second before realizing that it needs to switch to portrait. It can be QUITE annoying! I'm hoping for a Froyo update soon to fix this and it's other quirky issues! Another thing that I've noticed is that my phone is much slower at opening up and scrolling through pics or vids saved in my gallery.

9. phareous

phareous Active Member

I have this same problem. You can tilt it like 1% either way and it flips to landscape and stays there...it takes me 2 or 3 minutes to get it to move back to portrait. I've tried calibrating and it did nothing

10. phareous

phareous Active Member

Also I should add that by watching the level gauges in the calibration screen, I can see that the sensor is working just fine....yet the OS never rotates very well. I have to fight it to get it to go to the right orientation. Must be a code problem in sense or something