• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issues With Internet App

JamesJoey

May 2, 2012
This has been an ongoing issue with the Internet app that came with my Samsung Galaxy.
When attempting to view a picture on the web by taping on it most of the time I see noting but a black screen or the picture it only half visible with the bottom half being off the bottom of the screen. This used to be an issue that occurred some of the time but now it's all the time.
I did a factory data reset and it didn't work.
I'm using Google Chrome and I have no issues with the viewing of pictures.

Any ideas?
James

Thanks for the fast response.
The question was somewhat ambiguous. If you tap on a picture in a web page, the browser should behave according to how the web page was written. Sometimes the picture will be a link, sometimes it won't be. If it's not a link, nothing will happen.

Some clarification would have likely prompted a faster response.

Upvote 0
This occurs when there is an image list in thumbnails.
When I tap a thumbnail sometimes nothing comes up but a black screen and sometimes the picture is off the bottom of the screen with only half showing. Ever so often the picture will display properly.
This never happens with Chrome, only the internet app that came with this device.

Upvote 0
Oh, one more thing
In the browser I keep getting a notification about Google's Terms of Service popping up at the top of the screen.
I've closed it, tapped Learn More and tapped Got it but it keeps retuning.
Very annoying.
Any way to turn this off??
Settings, privacy and security, accept cookies [√]?

Reactions: JamesJoey
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones