• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issues with Kitkat 4.4.2 update

Dear Experts,
Writing in here regarding issues I m facing with Kitkat 4.4.2 update (in google Nexus 4). I have observed the following issues post update of this new OS

1. Dialer error, dialer crashes and it takes time to call. It crashes many times while i attempt to attend incoming calls
2. Heavy Battery drainage without using the phone at its maximum capacity... here i want to highlight that i m not using my phone in 3G n all unwanted applications are disabled etc...still my full battery gets over within 5-6 hours
3. Multiple restart sessions and reason is random...smtimes when i m using camera, smtimes when i try to play a game

I have written to Google team for this however till date no solution. Really sick of this phone as i m not able to use it properly.

I did full factory reset but problems still persists.

I am thinking of moving back to Android 4.3..can i do it without rooting the phone, if no, will it void my warranty? If no, please advise how I can do that. Request for an easy language as i m illiterate in technical terminology.

Any help in this matter will be highly appreciated. Count on u guyz.

Thanks.

You do not have to root, but it sounds like the upgrade didn't go as it should have, but you can easily return your phone to any factory software you would like using Google's official factory images available here: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Just download the version you want, although I would recommend giving the latest version another try, and extract the download into your adb/fastboot directory and just run flash-all.bat and give it about 15-30 minutes to finish and you all done. If you need a step-by-step guide on doing it, there are tons on the internet and Google can be your friend here.

Upvote 0
You do not need to be rooted, but you do have to unlock the bootloader in order to flash back to stock. The instructions are right there on the link avejavelein posted, so you should be all set if you want to go that route. BTW, unlocking the bootloader does not void the warranty.

Please be advised that this will wipe all user data and files, so backup anything you don't want to lose and copy it to a PC or removable media.

Upvote 0
Just to add - the bootloader can be relocked at any time without losing data, so once you're happy with whichever stock rom you choose after testing it for a while you can relock the loader and it will be just as it was when it left the factory - totally removing any concerns about warranty no matter what the local rules may be.

Reactions: khushal.2022
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones