Issues with Moment; slow, force close, ect...Support

Last Updated:

1. Bam80

Bam80 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I got a samsung fascinate last month and have been doing nothing but soaking up information since then.

Well, My mom has had a Moment for some time now. After looking at it today the first thing I noticed that its really slow and constantly force closes. She doesn't know anything about the phone other than its really slow lol.

It appears to of been rooted (I think my cousin rooted it for her) so I guess I need to know what steps I need to take to speed it up and to get it to stop force closing. LMK if I need to provide any more info

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. kahale

kahale Well-Known Member

try doing a factory reset. in most cases this will fix any issues with the phone.

3. Bam80

How do you do a factory reset?

I did see an option on the phone about resetting but I think it said it would reset everything to the original settings......is that what I want to do?

4. kahale

kahale Well-Known Member

yes a factory reset will delete everything from your phone except the sdcard. so you will have to re install your apps and re sync with google. so make sure to data sync with google so that it will back up your contacts and calender etc. you can backup apps to sdcard with a app called astro file manager.

to factory reset goto > settings > privacy settings > factory data reset.

Bam80 likes this.
  5. Bam80

Ok cool.......yea astro is already on it so I'll give that a shot.

Thanks