issues with new HTC ONE SV in UKSupport

Last Updated:

1. DavidF57

DavidF57 New Member

Help me please my new ONE SV will only appear as a camera on my pcs at work. At home it appears as it should as soon as you hook it up to the USB.
    Secondly the music stored on the phone can only be accessed in my 2 year old ford via bluetooth which is a pain. the car system does not function through the usb which my old Desire did faultlessly. The phones address book shows up correctly in the car screen.. \What do I do?:confused:

Regards
    David

Advertisement
  2. palmtree5

palmtree5 Sunny Vacation Supporter! Moderator

Personally I'm not familiar with your device but I'm going to move this to the HTC One SV forum so that someone who is can better assist you!

Cheers! :)
  3. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

This phone is still very rare in the UK and especially hard to get in Black at the moment. Mine should arrive today, but I thought as I have already been looking around I would just give others a heads up on where to get one of these with the best deal if they wanted.

One thing to make sure of 1st is that if in the UK you are getting the Euro version and NOT the Asian one. The difference is that the Euro One SV supports 3 LTE frequencies: LTE 800 / 1800 / 2600 (Europe) as opposed to just two for Asia: LTE 1800 / 2600 (Asia).

HTC One SV - Full phone specifications

I shall be checking the IMEI directly with HTC when mine arrives just to make sure.

These phones come in black, white, red and blue but white seems to be the one most available here and the white or blue one goes for about
  4. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

I would make sure you install the latest HTC sync software on the PC as this will also install the latest drivers. The issue with the car is another matter and problems may be due to the car not the phone. Without more specific details it's doubtful anyone here can help.
  5. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

My Black model was returned for a refund as it was supplied as the Asian spec model which doesn't have the 800Mhz LTE frequency. But I have since bought it again in white and will put a black case on it. For those in the UK that want to buy the phone sim free unlocked, the cheapest place is Expansys who have it at
  6. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

7. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

8. o_splatterhand

o_splatterhand Well-Known Member

9. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

Ah yes thank you for posting that, it was me on the other thread i couldn't remember on which forum i was discussing it. But thanks for that link I will take a look. now. :D
  10. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

11. o_splatterhand

Yes, there is one for LTE too. I think the original one differs only with "4G LTE" text on it. But i don't see it on the pic.
    But both should fit.
  12. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

I ordered it from your link (non LTE). The transaction went into error. (phoned card issuer their systems are down). then realise there is an LTE one, think ah i will re order the LTE one instead. Then I find one on ebay a pound cheaper sent from UK so order that instead. And sods law my original transaction then goes through :ahhhhh:
    So I have 2 on the way. I hope my friend who also has a white One SV will want my spare. I just hope they have the NFC built in.
  13. wetbiker7

Damn. Sounds like your luck is about as good as mine. lol

I hope you can get it sorted out. :)
  14. o_splatterhand

Can you post the ebay link, i want to have a look.
  15. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

o_splatterhand likes this.
  16. wetbiker7

Sounds like they've got them warehoused in the UK with the parent company in HK. Not surprising. I've seen where HK companies also warehouse their goods in NYC. Speeds up the shipping process not to mention the money saved if shipping within the purchasers country.
  17. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

After purchasing the ebay one i messaged the seller about whether the cover had the NFC or not, mentioning that the SV has NFC. I got an unusual response. The seller doesn't speak very good English so i am not totally sure what he meant but I think he was going to check whether the cover has NFC. In the meantime he has unlisted the item. On checking it seems he has issued me a refund on the item.

Edit:
    It seems it didn't have the NFC so he removed the listing. Seller says he will try get the black one with NFC and let me know. If so I will post back details here. Now i have only the other one on order still that is likely also lacking NFC.
  18. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

19. wetbiker7

I kinda like the China Mobile. It adds a bit of character to the phone. The rest of the stuff seems like a headache though. Hey, at least you were able to make it work! :thumb:
  20. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

I've had some unusual things happen with the phone since yesterday (posted on the forum) re the home screen flipping into landscape when the usb is plugged in and the phone flipped on its side. The usb port seems loose and can be jiggled which causes the phone to do odd things like switch on bluetooth or switch on airplane mode.

Apparently Expansys (sold as HTC partner) no longer stock the phone so could only refund. Oddly they told me the phone is a discontinued model. Although it's only been on the market here in the UK about 7 months, if that.

Is it normal for the home screen to flip to landscape when the phone is on its side when the USB is plugged in ?
  21. wetbiker7

Actually, the only way I can get my home screen to switch to landscape mode is with a 3rd party launcher like ADW. It will not switch to landscape with the stock launcher.

To answer your question, YES. When running ADW EX, mine will switch to landscape when laying on it's side sometimes. It does it with or without the USB plugged in.

I'm sure it has to do with the way I lay the phone down. If I have it straight up and down then just lay the phone down it will probably stay in portrait mode. It probably does it because I flip the phone sideways before laying it down when sitting at my desk. I've honestly never really paid that much attention to it since I like the fact that it converts to landscape mode.
  22. o_splatterhand

I have done a mod that does this on stock launcher, but on jelly bean.
    Its related to rosie.apk.
    But as you said, you did nothing by yourself.....
  23. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

Of course now it has gone back to normal..
    and yes mine is just the stock and i have done nothing with it. I suspect its related to the usb and car mode.

I would get a refund and buy another but I can't find one at such a good price i bought mine for
  24. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

If it's being caused by a problem with the USB port HTC might not repair it, for free anyway, as they may say it's from wear and tear.

I would try to return it if you can.
  25. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

I doubt they could say its wear & tear, I've only had the phone for about 3 weeks and been using it properly for just over a week ;-)