Issues with official Facebook App on Moto Droid

Last Updated:

1. decapoddiver

decapoddiver Member This Topic's Starter

I am able to access my photos, friends etc but when I click on News Feed, I get "No Content. An error has occurred while fetching data. MalformedJSON"
    Deleted/re-installed and made no difference. Anyone else having same issue or have a suggestion? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

Try logging out and then relog in, I had a similar issue once and that seemed to cure it.

3. decapoddiver

decapoddiver Member This Topic's Starter

Tried that and also, I looked again and realized that I can't remove the program, only the updates. Is the official app one of those like Amazon in that you can't remove it?

4. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Yes, you can't remove it (unless you are rooted). Have you tried Bloo? I like it much better than the official FB app. Do you get the same error FB mobile? I just tried the FB app, no trouble getting into anything.

5. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Well-Known Member

I just use touch.facebook.com because it still has the most options of any app, and it doesn't take up space on your phone. Until someone gets their act together on the facebook app for Android this is the only option I feel.

6. dB Zac

dB Zac Well-Known Member

there is an update for facebook on the market. Just happened to be on there and i noticed it

7. vbhokiefan

vbhokiefan Well-Known Member

Facebook app has been down (and when its up it still sucks anyways) even Verizon sent a twitter about it and said to use the touch site.

I prefer the full site, so its my number one browser bookmark.

8. sbursik

sbursik Well-Known Member

I had the same issue for about 3 weeks and then it just went away and started working again. I am rooted and uninstalled and reinstalled FB and that didnt help. I think it was something in the content on the page that was preventing it from loading. There is a touch facebook app in the market. I use that as a backup because I notice that my private messages take too long to show up in the regular facebook app.

9. Arte Suave

Arte Suave Active Member

Mine has been down. I checked today and its fine. A lot of people have been having the same problem.

10. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Well-Known Member

Mine works....for now.