Issues with OTA update?Support

Last Updated:

1. King_Hoova52

King_Hoova52 New Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 15, 2010
    I have noticed since the OTA update that I did, that yes my dialer is working much better. However, since the update I have issues with the mobile network connection (I believe).

I ususally have Always-On Mobile set to off, and before this update there were never any problems with apps not being able to connect to the net when needed. After the update, things like Handcent's Speech to Text, Google translator Speech to text, the Weather widget, and other things will show "Connection Problem" try again or cancel. Ive tried again to no avail. I have tried switching to "Always-On mobile networks, to no avail.

I am still able to use the apps right after turning on my phone, but it seems after a while of not being used I have the issue. I am able to use the internet when I get the connection error, so it's not like I'm losing signal... Any ideas?

2. alex51

alex51 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Set mobile network on,go to main menu>Device Self Service >select Update Profile,then power off,after 10-15 seconds power up.If you want updates to work in a timely fashion you'll have to keep mobile data on,unless you are constantly in a place that has WiFi,then if you want WiFi toggle it on/off as needed.
  3. xevious

xevious Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    I've been having a problem since the OTA update as well, slightly different though.

When I first got the phone, I set it up with a Google account. Now I want to switch it, but you must have one Google account registered. You can't delete it first. So I went to add a new one. I've got Mobile Networks enabled.

Unfortunately in my home, the "EVDO" indicator goes gray quite a lot, meaning the service isn't in range. When I go to the Weather widget and ask it to update, the "EVDO" indicator manages to light up and the data is retrieved. However, when attempting to add a Google account, the "EVDO" indicator remains gray and the process fails. The complaint is that the Google servers cannot be accessed.

I've tried to add an account in various locations throughout my apartment, but no luck. Yet, weather can be updated easily. I see the "EVDO" activity light up white every time with those updates. Sometimes during the account update, the "EVDO" will show white, but it's only for a moment.

So, I'm thinking something went awry with this OTA update. Has anybody else had this kind of problem?