Issues with ROM Manager and othersSupport

Last Updated:

1. kyomagi

kyomagi New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok bear with me, this is the only the second phone i have rooted. I am having issues with the rom manager and root explorer.

The rom manager works, it does not force close, but when i ask it to do something like backup or install a rom, it does nothing, litterally i can click something else and same thing, it does nothing. I tried uninstalling and even factory reset. Still dont work.

Also the root explorer, it says "Root explorer has not yet manage to obtain root access. " i get that every time i restart it, same issue. I try to do SU in CMD or terminal and it both said i have lost permission.

I have froyo 2.2, this is the second time i have rooted this phone (flashed back) and installed froyo.

Advertisement
  2. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

Which method you use to root your phone? Anyway, if you are running leaked 2.2 only way to root your phone is method for Droid 2. Search Root threads. Or, since you comfortable with .sbf you can flash back once again, root using Universal Androot, install Rom Manager and download/install Verizon Droid X 2.2 stock image.

Universal Androot you can download here: ????

I've used it couple of times, works like a charm

3. kyomagi

kyomagi New Member This Topic's Starter

i have used the easy root the first time and then one click the second time. Both with the same results. now if i use the root method you suggested, will that make everything work? Should i just use it now with the leaked copy of 2.2? or do i have to flash back? Also im not sure but the leak is the offical or just a knock off? Not sure where to get the verizon img.