• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Issues with rooted MTS3G

jourshua

Lurker
Aug 23, 2011
I have had my MyTouch slide rooted for a while now. I had CyanogenMod 7.0.0 rc4 installed on it. recently I installed stable mod 7.0.3. It worked for about two days and started locking up and freezing as well as force closing everything. thinking it was a bad install I installed stable mod 7.0.0 and after about a day it started doing the same thing(freezing up and such). Trying to really fix it I went back to 7.0.0 rc4 and now that rom is acting like the other two but even worse. After it was already on my phone for months working just fine.

How are you installing the different versions? Do you use Rom manager or do you do it through recovery? If you've only done it with Rom manger, try Recovery.

Do you just flash the rom or do you factory reset, then flash the rom? If you haven't tried the complete wipe then a fresh flash of the rom, try backing up stuff to your sd card (with something like Titanium Backup) and and then factory reset, clear data and such, then flash the new rom (and gapps).

I'm just throwing out ideas (if you haven't tried these already). Also, you might want to try downloading the new rom again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones