• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Issues with stock browser on certain forums

Tetsuosan

Lurker
Nov 16, 2009
I frequent shoryuken.com and they overhauled their servers and are running Vbulletin 4.0. For some reason the stock browser does not go into the forum section of the website, but the dolphin browser does. I don't want to use dolphin browser anymore since the damn thing kills my battery. Any way to fix this issue or will I have to continue using dolphin?

Do you mean you can't go into the forums period? Or, it just looks like crap (aka "all-text mobile version")?

If you answer yes to the first question, all I can tell you is to hang tight for the 2.1 firmware update to come. I was able to go into that forum with the stock browser from 2.1 ... multi-touch, none-the-less. ;)

If you answer no to the first, but yes to the second, scroll down to the very bottom of that site and tap on "View page directly". A lot of sites detect that you're using a mobile device and direct you to the mobile version. Mobile version websites SUCK, most of the time. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones