Issues with Syncing

Last Updated:

1. zobie02

zobie02 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I just installed the virtuous 3.01 rom and my phone has stopped syncing since. It won't sync with facebook and update my friendstream nor will gmail email or calender sync. What could be the issue, any help will be appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. drumelloboe

drumelloboe Member

I was sort of in the same boat, though only my backup assistant wouldn't sync- it would just say "invalid service state." I needed my contacts back so I did a nandroid restore until I can find out what went wrong...

Sorry I can't be of help, but if I find anything out I'll pass it along.

3. rmk

rmk Well-Known Member Developer

Does it sync if you invoke a request manually? Or does it fail to do so regardless?

4. zobie02

No, it fails to sync manually too. In the applications and sync everything has the green arrows that they that its synced, but when I press sync now, or when I refresh my gmail or friendstream, it won't do anything...

5. zobie02

So, today I restarted my phone, and then the google finance widgets were not syncing either. So I restarted again, and it got stuck in a loop of restarts with quietly brilliant and the droid video...

So I restored it from a back up and now I am back on stock software.

I want to get virtuous again, but I am a little unsure if I should do it, and if so, what should I do differently to ensure those issues don't happen again?

Thanks!

6. zobie02

I am still having issues. Can someone help please.

So I think I have figured out the problem, maybe. I was also getting the low on space message which I just ignored. Upon going back to the stock software, the syncing issue was gone, and the low on space issue was gone as well. I redownloaded and reinstalled the Virtuous ROM, and for a little while I was not getting the low on space issue. While the low on space message was not there, my friendstream and my gmail updated, but as soon as that message appeared, it stopped updating. Why is this message showing up, and how do I get rid of it, I am only barely using any space on the phone. Thanks!