Issues with Tab 2 after 4.0.4 updateSupport

1. bobbydc

bobbydc New Member

I know this update was released several months ago, I have been experiencing these issues since then. I have 2 major issues that I need resolved.

First off, the lock screen does not work at all. I can change the settings but when I turn off the screen, wait a few seconds and turn it back on it does not show the lock screen. Same thing happens if I reboot. I know it is saving my settings but never triggers the lock screen. I have rebooted, restored to stock, used Oden to restore the latest 4.0.4 release. Nothing seems to work and I cannot find anyone out there that has had this issue. I need this working because I am traveling and don't like having my tablet unlocked.

The second issue is I cannot connect the tablet to my computer via USB. It seems like the MTB USB Device driver is not working correctly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Kies with all updates, did not help. This is not a huge issue since I store everything on the cloud and don't usually connect to a computer unless I am transferring large files like videos.

I appreciate any help that can be given on these 2 issues.

Nevermind, I was able to fix it by following a recommendation on another site. I reset the device and did not login to my google account when it booted back up. Strange but it fixed both issues at one.

Advertisement
    :
    Galaxy Tab2 47 likes this.
  2. Galaxy Tab2 47

Galaxy Tab2 47 Well-Known Member

Glad it is now fixed and thanks for how you got things fixed.