Issues with the 2.1 updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. djake93

djake93 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there! this is my first post, and I'm not an expert, so sorry if I'm a little slow or don't understand things...

I recently got a milestone online, from Unlocked Mobile Phones | New Mobile Phones | Cheap Mobile Phones | MobiCity, and I started to get the OTA update about a week ago for android 2.1.
    however the update stopped at 8% and wouldn't let me retry even after restarting - there was no progress bar and it kept saying that an update was already in progress whenever I tryed to search for updates.

as this was annoying me, I went to this site - Manually update your Milestone to Android 2.1 | Sigrid Schrijft
    and I manually updated.
    everything seemed to be working fine, however I've noticed a few issues in the last week.

firstly, the physical keyboard has a dollar sign ($) however when I go to type a dollar sign, I get the pounds symbol (

Advertisement
  2. dancedreamfly

dancedreamfly Well-Known Member

Hi. Looks like you installed the retail European version of the 2.1 firmware. You may try doing the same procedure, but this time selecting the South Asia 2.1 on this site. This should fix your problem regarding the dollar sign being replaced with the euro sign.

3. djake93

thanks for that, I'll give it a go and get back :)

4. djake93

that fixed it, thanks for that!
    even seems a little zipper than before too...