issues with the ErisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Kidman

Kidman New Member This Topic's Starter

Here are some issues I've been having with just the stock HTC Eris:

• When using the music player and if i close it while a song is playing (using advanced task killer) the lock screen will still have the last song i was playing on there, instead of the lock screen image, with the play/pause button; I get rid of this by having to turn phone off & on, but this happens frequently.
    • Lately, when I text, using the Npad--since i can't seem to type with the normal keyboard (fat finger it I guess)--I can't start a sentence with the word "if." The auto text (XT9 mode not abc) does not recognize it as a word. it offers I'd or id; even if I do Add Word, and type in I F, it still does not know it, but only to start the sentence, if i type the second word it's first one to choose in the bubbles.
    • Sometimes the alarm doesn't want to come on, it chooses what days it wants to work. the alarm on the calendar works but it doesn't make a loud alarm, just a tiny reminder chirp.
    If anybody else is having similar problems, not to mention this frustrating UI--why can't I find any custom skins or just a choice of UI is beyond me--and the way you are locked in to the "theme" where you can't really mix and match beyond the set package, please reply to the post offering any advice or criticisms.
    This phone was technically free even though it gives me a bigger monthly bill than using a non-pda phone but the hassle is almost maddening. it's 100x harder to text, maybe it's just from the hardtime I have with the touch screen but it's almost as if I need a stylus just to type but I just would like the alarm to go off so I'm not late for work and make the texting a lot less of a headache. I might be alone in this struggle but hopefully not.

Advertisement
  2. fishes305

fishes305 Member

I had the same issue with the music player and the lock up screen. I pulled the battery to make it go away.

3. gary1973

gary1973 Active Member

The only thing i can reply on is texting. I use hancent SMS it is in the market and is a much better for texting than the stock version to me.

4. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

Stop using advanced taskillers delete it there's no need go to the sprint hero forum and read the sticky on task managers since they are the same phone that's why the music player does that just pause the song and that exits the music player and instead of hitting home to get out of a app use the back button it exits the app correctly let the phone do its thing its Android not WM