Issues with the market.Support

Last Updated:

1. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member This Topic's Starter

For the past couple of days I have been trying to update and download new apps from the market. Random apps fail to either update or install. I have tried clearing data from the market and reboot my phone, but alas, the problem remains.. It is really becoming annoying and I am about ready to do a factory reset on my D2 but I wanted to check with you guys first to see if y'all had any suggestions. Oh just out of sheer curiosity, I know 2 of the apps in particular that I am having problems with is pretty popular, Launcher Pro and Angry Birds, so has or is anyone else experiencing these problems?

Advertisement
  2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

Nope. Whenever I have problems on the market I cancel the download and try again. If it still doesn't work, I reboot. Or, I will try it on both Wi Fi and 3g. I have never had something not work after doing all that.

3. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

I had an issue last week, it appeared the market was having some real problems. This week has been fine for me.

4. G.Armour

Dang, so shoud I just wait or should I do a factory reset?

5. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

I would wait a day to see if it is market issues that clear up. No need to lose your data if its not your phone thats the problem.

6. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

I've read similar problems happening in other forums and some say its Google. They also say some pre-Gingerbread updates that have messed with some people's markets. Their only solution was to wait it out.

7. G.Armour

Ugh.. I'm wondering if it may be a non market app that I've downloaded screwing it all up...

8. nggomez60

nggomez60 Active Member

Go into settins>manage applications>all applications> click on market and clear data, cache, force stop it, etc. Then turn off your phone and back on and it should be ok.

9. G.Armour

I've tried this.. No luck.

10. DGRYAN1977

DGRYAN1977 Well-Known Member

I have been having some problems every now and then over the last week. It is not just you.

11. G.Armour

Yeah, so I tried a reset and guess what.. No luck there either. I hope Google hurries and fixes this problem.

12. G.Armour

Ok, so here is an update... I did a factory reset, rerooted, ran titanium backup and tried to restore the apps that were failing from the market to start with and guess what.. Titanium Backup wouldn't even install them..

13. nggomez60

nggomez60 Active Member

The Root is the problem. I had a rooted ERIS before my current phone and it failed to recognize apps that I had previously downloaded/purchased (they didn't even come up when I searched for them in the market). Don't quote me on this but my experience as well as those I've read about lead me to believe that the Market is ROM sensitive and won't allow you to download apps that it doesn't feel your phone can run(i.e. in the case of my old ERIS, at one point I went from Android 2.1 back to 1.5 due to bug issues and the apps that were 2.1 dependent disappeared from my market).

14. G.Armour

Na, I still have root, but you may be right about the different roms.