• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Issues with the sequent.

First sequent I purchased was a month ago. I was all excited and hyped to get a better phone than I previously had (pcd venture) first night was OK until I started using 3g. i noticed it was extremely slow. In my home I get 3 to 4 bars so it wouldn't be too bad. So I tried by the tower a few blocks from my home and there was no change. So with that I updated prl/profile no difference.

I tried playing a few games and installed plague inc and there moment it loaded I opened it and phone rebooted. It apparently killed my phone as it stayed at a black screen. Returned/ replaced it no 3g or lag issues and worked fine was happy. Went to target and due to a terrible family my brother smashed it. So I had to return it to best buy which used my warranty so the replacement sucked was laggy slow and killed two 32gb sdcards. It then again froze reset to a black screem . I returned 2 more times. Now today a week after. same issues arising as of today on the 5th replacement phone. I will return it and maybe if I get enough will get the s2 or the Venice which is ugly... idk electronics hate me. Just wanted to share.

dont get the venice lol it's worse, i took a quick look at it the day before i bought the sequent and it was much slower :D.

So I'm limited to the design or the s2 :/

Guess I'll wait til black Friday to return maybe catch one for cheaper lol.
Also now texting doesn't work for me at all. So I'm using text free.

Darn this phone lol thanks Gamikzone for the heads up :)

Upvote 0
So I'm limited to the design or the s2 :/

Guess I'll wait til black Friday to return maybe catch one for cheaper lol.
Also now texting doesn't work for me at all. So I'm using text free.

Darn this phone lol thanks Gamikzone for the heads up :)
no problem :D right now the sequent is 150 at best buy, on black friday i believe their gs2 will be $300 the evo design is a good phone but i think its overpriced, but you can check their site about the black friday deals.

Reactions: RuL3r
Upvote 0
My phone didnt let me log in so had to pdanet lol. thanks :D i would prefer the s2 but my sis had it and hers got hot way too fast. to the point where it would freeze and not work til it was cold. so was it just her phone or was it an issue? i couldnt find anything so i assume it was just hers?

the design sounds nice if the evo is too much. need to make 100$ before friday :/

Upvote 0
My phone didnt let me log in so had to pdanet lol. thanks :D i would prefer the s2 but my sis had it and hers got hot way too fast. to the point where it would freeze and not work til it was cold. so was it just her phone or was it an issue? i couldnt find anything so i assume it was just hers?

the design sounds nice if the evo is too much. need to make 100$ before friday :/
i owned the gs2 and i never had that problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones