• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issues with the X

that's why there are options..not a fit all...

for me, I just dont trust HTC as a company, when it boils right down to it...the incredible would have fit my needs and is a great little phone(no pun intended smirkingly I shrug)...but this x fits my needs and wants and with a company I know will stand behind its product...

Upvote 0
I believe the inc is an overall better phone for me personally i'm a tech whore so I think i'm going to stay with the x to not get left behind spec wise.

Problems i've had so far
-Worse battery life (had seidio battery in inc)
-dull colors (love daytime viewing though <3)
-hard to use with one hand
-random restarts/freeze and black screen until removing the battery
-moto ui sux (got LP)
-camera buttons tough to use
-lack of trackpad slightly anoying
-cut and paste is clunky
-volume rocker is too small
-no capacitive buttons hard ot get used to
-seems slower probably because of the insane amount of bloatware running in the backround that wont stay killed, yeah it has a faster proccessor but with all the bloat its more like its running at 700mhz
-no root to play with :(
-QUICK DESK WONT WORK /CRY :(

I'm still deciding though honestly just itd be really hard to go back to a smaller screen.

Upvote 0
They are both great devices for some different reasons. Net result is a tie IMO.

One thing that does surprise me is they have the same signal reception. I would have expected the X to kick Incs butt, but they are the same. Bars show better signal with X, but dBm is virtually the same in weak and strong areas.

Personal opinion and comparison

Display = X wins (I like the extra size over the better contrast of Inc)

Phone signal reception = Tie

Wifi = Inc has better range

Speaker out = Inc sounds louder and fuller

3.5 mm = Same as above

Card access = I prefer the hot swap option of the Inc

Chipset = X wins

Battery = New OMAP chipset in X manages better than Snapdragon

Build = X wins

Display response = Tie

Interface = Inc seems faster and I prefer Sense

Games = X wins, since similar chipset to iPhone, so ports will favor X over Inc for performance. This is a valid point, since most commercial or bigger indie games will be iPhone ports.

Upvote 0
cool-story-bro.jpg

Upvote 0
Its a phone. Everyone has a right to choose whatever they want. The OP just offered his opinion. How does he get bashed for that?? I mean do you take it personal because someone chooses not to like the phone? Does that hurt your heart or something? Do you have to justify buying a phone by flaming everyone who doesn't support your views? Geeeeeeeeeez, get over it.

BTW, not directed at any specific person but just my 2 cents.

Who's bashing him? Did they remove some post? because I don't see anyone bashing the OP.

And while he is entitled to his opinion the title he came up for the thread "stinks"

Upvote 0
They are both great devices for some different reasons. Net result is a tie IMO.

One thing that does surprise me is they have the same signal reception. I would have expected the X to kick Incs butt, but they are the same. Bars show better signal with X, but dBm is virtually the same in weak and strong areas.

I'm no antenna/signal expert but it would seem to me that the signal strength would be the same because the signal is coming from the same tower. So all things equal both phones would pick up the same signal whatever its strength is and measure it the the same. The real question seems to me is what the phone can do with that signal.

I can tell you that my Dinc and previous phone, before the Dinc, would not pick up crap in my office and the Dx has the same signal strength reading but I can now take calls in here with out them dropping if I move half an inch. I'm even using it now to tether my laptop and read/post to this forum from my office. With the Dinc I had to use wifi tether and put that phone down the hall by a window to tether to my laptop.

In short it's better even if the readings are the same.

Upvote 0
I decided on not getting the X, overall I think the incredible is a better package, especially now that 720p recording is getting pushed out. All and all, depends on preference. I happen to like HTC at the end of the day, the sense UI is just very hard to get away from. IMO, the 2 best phones on the market are the incredible, and the EVO if your on Sprint. I'm sure the Droid X will get better with some updates, and tweeks.

Upvote 0
Beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder. The range and variety of priorities for different cell phone users is extremely wide. If this weren't true, it stands to reason the cell phone companies would standardize on one cell phone design.

I tried the Inc for a couple of weeks about a month ago. I thought it sucked horribly. The screen was too small, the battery life was simply terrible. Call quality was awful.

I've been using cell phones for over 20 years and the X is far and away the best overall phone I've ever used.

Oh my god, lol I had a cell phone that long too, well kinda. 20 yrs ago my parents had a car phone, it was like built into the car. Then like 18 yrs ago my parents got their first cell phone, it was this huge sony brick looking thing. Then 15 yrs ago I got my first cell phone myself. Nobody had cell phones back then, it was all pagers. Having a cell phone that long ago is so strange, because my family and I were the very few people we knew who had one, then all of a sudden few years later, everyone starting getting them, and well now, everyone has one. So strange to me though, I can remember a world of hardly no cell phones. Who would have thought we would have super smartphones one day. yikes!

Upvote 0
I decided on not getting the X, overall I think the incredible is a better package, especially now that 720p recording is getting pushed out. All and all, depends on preference. I happen to like HTC at the end of the day, the sense UI is just very hard to get away from. IMO, the 2 best phones on the market are the incredible, and the EVO if your on Sprint. I'm sure the Droid X will get better with some updates, and tweeks.

I agree with u a little bit. I really like sense, and i still contemplate getting the x or incredible, at the end of the day, i like the quality of motorola products, however if there was an evo-like phone, sense, 4.3 inch screen on vzw i'll get it.

Upvote 0
The wallpaper your using makes a huge difference whether the phone is fast or sluggish.

Live wallpapers while some are good others slow down the phone a lot. If you use a normal wallpaper the phone will be amazingly fast no matter what.

"no matter what" ?? Ahh No

Really the only lag I get is when I first open the app drawer. Once I scroll to the bottom it is fine but until I do that its like mud. They should probably cache it as part of the boot up or wake up and it would be fine. Oh and it doesn't matter what wall paper I have it does it the same.

I will agree that there are some badly coded live wallpapers that can slow your phone down but to say not using one will make it "amazingly fast no matter what" is bit of a stretch.

Upvote 0
Who's bashing him? Did they remove some post? because I don't see anyone bashing the OP.

And while he is entitled to his opinion the title he came up for the thread "stinks"

dont even take swazzedhustla seriously. all he is here for is to cause conflict. It is easy to spot these clowns..... i dont normally take this tone, but you evo4g guys are clowns./

swazzedhussy: If you dont like the x and love the evo so much....then why the hell are you here? if the evo is so good, you should be in that section of the forum.

Answer: to jump in the arguments and fuel the fire.

now you may say some dumb junk, like im considering the phone or some docile answer like that. Honestly, i have a pretty good memory....and never have i seen you in this section without starting something or jumping into some feces.

have fun with the evo4g. since you love it so much and it does the "business allllday" or whatever the hell you say, you should stick with your fellow evo owners. you really dont provide ANY help in this section.

enjoy your night.

Upvote 0
just to prove how childish you clowns are, i will go to the incredible section and let them know what a piece of crap the incredible is. Im so glad i upgraded to a much better phone and multimedia device that doesnt need to be plugged in 75 percent of the day.The funniest part is all you guys talk about root and o'cing, but you miss the fact that the "STOCK" X still outperforms the overclocked incredible. So all youre doing is running above suggested temperatures trying to catch something that still surpasses you while running stock.

jk, i have a life and i am happy. so no need for that childish crying and flame baiting in another section

Upvote 0
I agree with u a little bit. I really like sense, and i still contemplate getting the x or incredible, at the end of the day, i like the quality of motorola products, however if there was an evo-like phone, sense, 4.3 inch screen on vzw i'll get it.

I don't like Sense, Motoblur, or Touch Wiz. I don't understand why we have to put up with these crappy manufacture BS. I would like a phone with plain vanilla. If someone wants an overlay, they can download from the market. The phone would be faster, and updates would come much faster. Plus, vanilla looks better thank any of them anyway.

Upvote 0
Enter Steven into the fray.

OP: You are free to dislike your phone. Why you would use language such as "stinks" and throw the Dinc back up at us in the X forum is beyond me. Frankly, I'm not surprised that you are getting strong reactions.

To lessen the affront, I will change the title of the OP to something less provocative for this forum.

I am also going to tell everyone to respect his opinion. Rudeness is not tolerated. Infractions are given out for that by the mods. So, I'm here to help you put the brakes on it, before you all end up going any farther with the unpleasantness.

Steven

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones