• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I'm having a bunch of issues with my Motorola Droid phone! First of all, I can't seem to raise the listening volumn to an acceptable level to hear my callers well. I'm hopeing some one can help me with this.

Also, the touch screen is so "sensitive" that it does things like.....placing a call automatically without my knowledge. I've actually put my phone in the pocket on my cargo shorts and listened to it "toggling" back and forth while it moves from one option to another. (it's actually trying to connect, for instance, to something on my "desktop", or the phone menu, etc.)

Lastly, (for now!) I've managed to loose my g-mail password and haven't been successful in locating it. I've been on the Google site trying everything and it just won't work. I've also recently discovered that when I attempt to connect to the "Market" program on my desktop, that it now requests that I sign-in with my google acct. It didn't request that before and all of a sudden one day it just started requiring a sign-in.

Something else that just happened was that all my "contacts" just disappeared! I checked with Verizon and was told that when I open up my "G-Mail" that it will automatically restore itself. Without my Google sign-in I can't do this either.

My wife and I both bought Droid phones (actually, I took advantage of the "buy one-get one free" Verizon offer) We are both so frustrated that if we can't solve these issues we will have to spend more money and get other phones (maybe Blackberrys?)

So, if there is someone out there with some answers to my problems you will have made a friend for life! (or pretty close to it!!)

Thanks!

Rich

Thanks Steven....and I appreciate the responsivness to my post! I'm really looking forward to some help from out there in the Droid community.

In an attempt to gather some additional help I called Motorola support. I know this is described often, but the fellow that answered gave me some sort of "welcome" that I truly could not understand because of his thick accent. What followed was surprising, disappointing, and annoying. He told me that there was over an hour wait for support and that he could call me back (within a day) to listen to my problem. I couldn't help but think that Motorola must have a tremendous amount of issues with their phones (and that the Droid) is probably the biggest complaint.

Keeping that in mind, I believe that the Droid users out there will more than likely be the ones that will help me solve my problems.

Thanks again Steven!

Rich

Upvote 0
Thanks Steven....and I appreciate the responsivness to my post! I'm really looking forward to some help from out there in the Droid community.

In an attempt to gather some additional help I called Motorola support. I know this is described often, but the fellow that answered gave me some sort of "welcome" that I truly could not understand because of his thick accent. What followed was surprising, disappointing, and annoying. He told me that there was over an hour wait for support and that he could call me back (within a day) to listen to my problem. I couldn't help but think that Motorola must have a tremendous amount of issues with their phones (and that the Droid) is probably the biggest complaint.

Keeping that in mind, I believe that the Droid users out there will more than likely be the ones that will help me solve my problems.

Thanks again Steven!

Rich

Rich,
Your first and biggest issue is getting your password for you google sign-in. That unlocks the capabilities of this phone and makes everything better.
There is a process for doing this such as clicking on gmail with your computer and then clicking "lost my password". It will sort you out.
You need that so you can do a number of things.

On the volume issue I can only suggest a couple of options. I have had one too many loud booms near me and I have constant ringing in my ears so I think I am a pretty good candidate for volume issues. My Droid seems plenty loud...louder than several of my older smartphones.

Try this: Go to Settings then Sounds, then volume. Turn all three of your volume controls all the way up. I am not positive that any of those affect call volume.
Does anyone know what the "hearing aid" setting does? Does it make it louder or what? That might be an option.

The only other option I can think of off hand is an earpiece or bluetooth headset. Either option could really help. Amazon has a really cool stereo Bluetooth headset for 49.00 right now and it is supposed to really help with this kind of situation.

Are you used to touch screen phones at all?

I have never had any problem with my touch screen activating on its own so I am not sure what you are doing. I work out with my phone in my pocket, mow the lawn run, etc... Never had it do that.
I suggest trying a "lock pattern" on your phones to combat that. Go to settings, Security, then Set up Screen Lock. With that in place it certainly won't be accidentally accessing anything.
the other suggestion might be to investigate the App.

Why are you speaking with Motorola? Are you a Verizon customer? Aside from getting your google sign-in, I would talk to Verizon customer service if possible. You have to navigate a small amount of phone button crap but in my experience Verizon customer support is between fair and very good.

Once you have your google sign-in sorted out, you might also try going to the "market" and obtaining a couple of Applications (Apps) that might help you. One of them is called "Goto" and it changes your "lockscreen" (the screen that comes on when you power up the phone.)
You might find it easier to use and less prone to switching on accidentally.

All Apps from the market that cost money can be purchased and then returned within 24 hour for a full refund. The refund is automatic upon uninstalling so that is a very, very nice feature.

Try some of this out and let me know how it goes.

Don't abandon hope yet...

Cheers

:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones