Issues

Last Updated:

1. trav2001

trav2001 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I'm starting to have some issues getting on the internet with my 3G Slide...I'm not able to get onto the internet as fast I used to. It sits and sits and takes minutes before it will load a simple page. At home I can understand, I have a weak signal. But at work we have a T-Mobile tower right on site and it still does the same thing.

2nd issue, not really an issue, but I use Hotmail email for my phone and everything outside of that. When I delete messages from my hotmail account online they are also deleting off the phone, like it's set up for imap, but it's set up as pop3. Some messages I want on my phone but not on my web account. Is there a way to change this?

Advertisement
  2. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

Try taking your 2G/3G mode out of automatic. If you get solid 3G where you're at put it on WCDMA only if it's iffy put it on GSM only. You can even get a toggle for it on the market I use power control plus.

3. trav2001

I tried do that and then I couldn't get online at all from my phone. So I switched it back to auto. It's moving a bit faster now that I played with a little.

4. Cramill

Cramill Well-Known Member

Like you said in another thread, it could be the network and not your phone. I'm in AZ as well and yesterday my 3G connection was really slow even when I had a good signal.

5. trav2001

Oh! Duh, i forgot I had posted it on that thread, I just posted a comment there too. I just have so much going on that i forget what I post :)

6. TOKENL3TOKEN

TOKENL3TOKEN New Member

Iam talking to customer support about getting out of my contract because of this bull crap with 3g i pay $20 extra a month for data at 3g speeds and all i get is slow as edge

my friend has a droid x and that thing is super fast he leaves it on all day under heavy use downloading apps playing games charges it once a night

its always on 3g for him but no my crapy tmobile 3gslide cant get 3g tmobile blows

i right now my phone is next to his virsion droid x hes on 3g has 3 out of 4 bars

my tmobile slide g3 has 2 bars out of 4 and is on edge

cant wait to break my contract!!!!

7. trav2001

My 3G has been so up & down for the past several weeks...its really annoying. Don't know if i should try for a new phone ornot...i'm so tired of switching phones every couple of months :(

8. Cramill

Cramill Well-Known Member

My 3G has been better here in Phoenix. It was really bad a few weeks ago.

9. trav2001

Mine has been ok for the last several days...finally