• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

trav2001

Android Enthusiast
Jun 28, 2010
Mesa, AZ
Ok, so I'm starting to have some issues getting on the internet with my 3G Slide...I'm not able to get onto the internet as fast I used to. It sits and sits and takes minutes before it will load a simple page. At home I can understand, I have a weak signal. But at work we have a T-Mobile tower right on site and it still does the same thing.

2nd issue, not really an issue, but I use Hotmail email for my phone and everything outside of that. When I delete messages from my hotmail account online they are also deleting off the phone, like it's set up for imap, but it's set up as pop3. Some messages I want on my phone but not on my web account. Is there a way to change this?

Ok, so I'm starting to have some issues getting on the internet with my 3G Slide...I'm not able to get onto the internet as fast I used to. It sits and sits and takes minutes before it will load a simple page. At home I can understand, I have a weak signal. But at work we have a T-Mobile tower right on site and it still does the same thing.

2nd issue, not really an issue, but I use Hotmail email for my phone and everything outside of that. When I delete messages from my hotmail account online they are also deleting off the phone, like it's set up for imap, but it's set up as pop3. Some messages I want on my phone but not on my web account. Is there a way to change this?
Try taking your 2G/3G mode out of automatic. If you get solid 3G where you're at put it on WCDMA only if it's iffy put it on GSM only. You can even get a toggle for it on the market I use power control plus.

Upvote 0

Like you said in another thread, it could be the network and not your phone. I'm in AZ as well and yesterday my 3G connection was really slow even when I had a good signal.

Upvote 0
Iam talking to customer support about getting out of my contract because of this bull crap with 3g i pay $20 extra a month for data at 3g speeds and all i get is slow as edge

my friend has a droid x and that thing is super fast he leaves it on all day under heavy use downloading apps playing games charges it once a night

its always on 3g for him but no my crapy tmobile 3gslide cant get 3g tmobile blows

i right now my phone is next to his virsion droid x hes on 3g has 3 out of 4 bars

my tmobile slide g3 has 2 bars out of 4 and is on edge

cant wait to break my contract!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones